Anyone here a programmer?

x2k

I know programming is actually even more geeky that scratching but I was just wandering since there's a load of techy people on here if anyone else here are programmers?

I've been doing it for many years now, originally for fun but since I've started doing it professionally I don't spend anymore time than I absolutely have to doing it (I still take pride in writing decent code though). I was originally interested in game/graphics programming but these days I can't keep up with the maths & technology anymore so I don't bother. I've programmed with a shit load of differently languages & platforms. C++ has always been my favourite language though, these days however I spend most of my time at work writing PHP programs but always approach then like full blown OOP programs and can quite honestly say I know the language better than most.

So anyway, anyone else here a nerd like me?

And if anyone else has any questions regarding computers or programming fucking

ask someone else...I DON'T FUCKING CARE!

Pz

Guest sirchickski

everyone is taking forensics these days cos theres "alot of money in that career choice" but now everyone is taking forensics... there wont be much money on offer now that businesses know theres a surplus of workers. lol tis funny really :p

im studying games development etc at university which i start next year using C++ etc which is guna b cool.

any chance you can hook me up with the C++ program ? i dont wana pay for it, got more important things with my student loan to pay for lol

I dunno really, I didn't have any access to computers as a kid so when I did I found the really interesting. Writing simple programs took my not very long at all really but I've always been reasonably good at working things out and I had a mate who knew a little bit more than me helping out. However, these days I hate being couped up in front of this fucking screen and would much rather doing somethign more interesting like standing outside in the rain. They really drain your energy without you even noticing.

any chance you can hook me up with the C++ program ? i dont wana pay for it, got more important things with my student loan to pay for lol

I'm sure I've had this conversation with you before but if not, check yer pm's

but I just find it too fucking boring

Same here. I liked the design element of it at uni - actually planning stuff - but when it comes to coding it I ain't interested. VB was OK, but I couldn't stand C or Java.

By rights I should know all this stuff, but I just find it too fucking boring... I do the bare minimum to get by

likewise, foruntely my course hasn't got much prgramming in it as such, we just a bit and have the choice to do a coursework on it, but i prefer access and did a lil vb

but I just find it too fucking boring

Same here. I liked the design element of it at uni - actually planning stuff - but when it comes to coding it I ain't interested. VB was OK, but I couldn't stand C or Java.

Hmm, I've always found it totally opposite...the designing is fucking horrible!

Oh, and I fucking hate VB with a passion!

Java is a fucking nightmare, C is cool because its powerful accross all platforms.......VB is just all around easy, but only windows based, however VB will teach you alot about how windows handles certain things such as windows and such. however, i hate programming, at uni im currently a CIS major and it requires 3 languages and profficiency in one, so i picked C. shit is hard but once you learn it, its totally worth it, heres a real life example.......

as a kid i was nevre allowed a games console, instead i was brought up using a bbc micro, so imagine a 5 year old kid rocking one of those! then i moved onto things like comodore 64's and then 386, 486 then the pentium machines so i was always on the ball in terms of using the current hardware for my age. i should have stuck with it really

I'm a web and print designer which is pretty geeky. I don't delve into code too much though thank fuck cos I suck at it. Prefer painting pictures innit. Some of the programmers/developers at places I've worked are fascinating specimins. A programmer at my current place refers to himself as Jedi :8