Serato help!

TyraFromSaigon

i just got my unit bout 2 months ago so its fairly new.

i'm rockin an ibook g4 (758 mb of ram with about 6 gigs left of space) it runs pretty well.

my tracks(records) have been skipping alot (pitch shifting)

dont know what the problem is, just ordered 3 new records

at first i thought it was because i had a few scratches on the records

but no matter how i calibrate my turntables the mp3's still skip.

anyone have the same problem?

Tyra

i just got my unit bout 2 months ago so its fairly new.

i'm rockin an ibook g4 (758 mb of ram with about 6 gigs left of space) it runs pretty well.

my tracks(records) have been skipping alot (pitch shifting)

dont know what the problem is, just ordered 3 new records

at first i thought it was because i had a few scratches on the records

but no matter how i calibrate my turntables the mp3's still skip.

anyone have the same problem?

Tyra

I haven't had any problems like that. What do you mean by "skipping alot (pitch shifting)"

It does sounds like bad control records though. Have you signed up to thr Serato forum? Good place for answers. I have been running Serato for about 6 months now and have really just got the hang of everything.

http://scratchlive.net/forum/

That helps alot. Download the tutorial videos and the new videos from Skratchworx with Rafik and his homie on Serato.

Hope that helps.

If you have an older version of Serato, it may come with the first version of the control vinyl (CV01). There was a manufacturing error with this batch, in that the motor they used when mastering the vinyl was not 'locked' (ie it had unusually high wow/flutter (can't remember which one)). In other words, the vinyl is buggered, and you get pitch drifting. They coded a software fix in later versions (check the setup page and click on 'Drift compensation').

Then there's the new control vinyl CV02 which fixed this problem. So if this is what you mean, then get some new control vinyl, and your problem should be fixed.

all of my records are brand new and version 2. i think its called pitch drifting....when like the song will speed up and slow down and jump the speed every few seconds.....

and i also have the newest version of serato software so i dont know :/

Did you take your question to the serato forum?

I don't own a mac but it sounds like you're having some kind of usb transfer loss. I can't imagine it being a hardware issue though.

How long have you been using the latest serato software? Maybe try down-grading to an older version and see if you're still having the same problems.

What version of OS X are you runnin?

Best-o-luck stranger!

Edited by Hertzworth

6 months??

what is there to get used to that took 6 months?? :o

Do you have the program?

yeah i got serato but i dont think that theres any thing on it that cud take 6 months to get used to is there?

its just like having records really innit :s sept not

I use the cue points and keyboard shortcuts to use it like a MPC. I like to learn all the keyboard shortcuts and extras functions. Nailing clean mixes with just one table takes some getting used to. Plus an update comes out every so often with differences. There is alot to that program. Plus the three different wav views. Understanding the peaks and colors. I can almost nail mixes without headphones based on visuals. Liike learning PropellarHead Reason. ALot to learn, but I like to learn it all. Keyboard shortcuts callibration and all.

6 months??

Do you have the program?

yeah i got serato but i dont think that theres any thing on it that cud take 6 months to get used to is there?

I use the cue points and keyboard shortcuts to use it like a MPC. I like to learn all the keyboard shortcuts and extras functions. Nailing clean mixes with just one table takes some getting used to. Plus an update comes out every so often with differences. There is alot to that program. Plus the three different wav views. Understanding the peaks and colors. I can almost nail mixes without headphones based on visuals. Liike learning PropellarHead Reason. ALot to learn, but I like to learn it all. Keyboard shortcuts callibration and all.

wow, i had no idea... guess ive got a lot to learn

wtf u mean use it like an mpc?? :o

6 months??

Do you have the program?

wow, i had no idea... guess ive got a lot to learn

wtf u mean use it like an mpc?? :o

Word. :8

may or may not help but have you followed the dvkb posts to remove spyware etc and get you r pc running at peak performance..thinking if theres a few too many programs running or your hard drive needs some degfraging it may help

ps i recall you have your guitars hanging from the wall...i wanna do that to save space...is holding the guitar just by the neck safe..any adverse effects??

I dont have a trigger finger. :$

You a farmer, Gabe??? Lolololol that just reminded me of a rant Bill Bryson went off on once about how American farmers seem to be always missing digits and limbs. At first he thought it must be the dangerous machinery... then he remembered many of us work with dangerous machinery, and still preserve our limbs. Funny stuff

so i just deleted the current (also newest) serato software (from the serato forum) that i recently upgraded the original software that came with the box with and re installed the old one again and all my problems magically disappeared. woooo? good look out hertz. i waz gunna do that b4 u even told me. :)