say no to 0870

rygon

http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php

If youve ever had to ring a company up (like ntl, halifax etc) you will find the number they give you is a premium rate call (normally 50p/min)

this website helps by finding cheaper calls to the same department (either 0800 or geographical numbers).

You might as well wade out into the sea screaming "COME ON THEN, LETS FUCKING HAVE YA!!!!" at the tides

companies are a bit too wise for this shizzz these days; every time I try geographical alternatives, they're no good any more. I agree with the principle, though. It's a cunt

ive managed to use the freephone numbers and geopraphical ones on this site...why should i pay to complain about their bad service

I found out yesterday that the moon is moving away from the earth at a rate of about a cm a year or something (which will excelerate slowly) So in a few thousand years (Possibly hundreds of thousands << i thinks it's hundreds of thousands) the moon will break away from the earths pull, resulting in there being no tides anymore.. I thought that was remarkable.

What's your source on that? I can't recall ever reading claims to that effect. For that to happen, an increase in potential energy would be required in the frame of the two-body system. You'd really need an external force that was continuously pulling away, but the rotational motion tends to average things out a bit. I'm not aying you're wrong -just interested to read up if it is true...

Also: hundreds of thousands of years is peanuts in astro terms. And gravitationally stable systems don't tend to change without a good reason. The earth-moon distance does peroically alter quite considerably, though. Partly due to the mino ellipticity of the orbit, parly due to long term variations in this elipticity -but these tend to oscillate. In fact, so do the motion of stars and other galactic matter around galactic centre, it all oscillates in and out as it rotates. And it's incredibly stable.