Russian Hip Hop

djxander

Hey all,

I am actually a native Russian speaker, but I my Russian is pretty shitty cuz I only really learned just enough to communicate with my grandparents. I never learned to write, my reading sucks, etc.

On that note, I'm take a 4th year Russian course @ my university. We don't have a final exam, but we have a final paper due. It has to be 5 pages - in Russian.

I figgured I'd really challenge myself and write about something I am honestly totaly unfamiliar with - Russian Hip Hop.

If anyone can hook me up with some solid russian hip hop, perhaps some promoters/performers that I could do e-mail interviews with, or perhaps some valuable articles, etc., your help would be much appreciated. If anyone is interested, I will be willing to translate the paper into English at the end of the semester.

Funny story..

The other day I went on a russian forum and I spent most of the time reading about a bunch of Russian kids obsessing over the Jay-Z/Cam beef. They seemed to be big dipset fans. Ironically, further down the page I saw a thread about Stones Throw (or as they spell it "Stonns Frow") - the problem is I'm not sure if what I was reading was representative of the hip hop scene/scenes in Russia.

• 4 weeks later...