1st audio clip posted

deejay

you scared him away steve.... I actually saw everything there before it was erased and then bam gone when i got back from class

honestly i had it up for a while and had quite a few looks but no critics...soooooo i thought maybe im waaaaay outa my league here so i took it down.....

heres the link again..

http://www.musicv2.com/artist/unknown-dj

sorry just thought maybe it was tooo wack.peace

by the way im not too technical but im still tryin..5000 g

I dont think anyone here is gonna call anyone "wack" we just try to help folks out and give them pointers, especially if you have just started.

I would check the file but im in work atm, ill check when I get home!

wow man are you trying to fuck with me I read your post and it just disappers.. hahaha who the fuck cares if its not good or not just post up man. Shit i even posted stuff up and you can ask steve I would let him listen to the track before I would post it up

Steve: "You sure you want to post that?"

me: "yes i think its allright"

steve: " Are you sure mate?? "

anyways post up man noones gonna bash on you if anything youll get some criticism which only helps but no bashing.

haha, dayum, I thought it'd be a lot wacker, it's not bad at all man... I've heard much worse posted here and other forums, you do a lot of stabs and stuff, but you keep a decent flow throughout, and you stay on time for a lot of it... practice chirps and tears I suggest though, you seemed to mostly be doing stabs and transforms, but yea, how long you been cuttin?

I don't think people aren't replying cuz you're wack or anything, it's jus sometimes you gotta give your thread a bump or something to get people to reply, it might move down quickly if people are replying in a lot of other threads, just be patient, this is a pretty good board for getting feedback generally mang

pzzz

yeh great scratching. Most of it was in beat and sounded very good. As vekked said try and vary it more with different scratches/patterns etc.

• 1 year later...

hey sorry everyone...and thanks for the kind words..this is what i call a belated reply..to be honest yes i was trippin about postin here when i first came thru..the talent here is top notch and i felt i was just a little bit over my head :| ..i really dont jam with anyone and really just hang with myself because its just a great hobby to me now..im 38 with 4 kids all under 7..hard to find time..however i do realize if i wanna get better i need to be around folks that terrorize the decks to learn whatever i can..so i try to listen and copy whatever i can..the level of technical stuff is just baffling to me and i really hope to be able to make some of those beautiful sounds i hear..anyway i will see about puttin some stuff up for advice..i really love multitracking now even though im not that good at it,but it lets me record when i get time which is really beneficial..i also like dance rave breaks but im lovin puttin some basic hip-hop mixes together to listen to..nothin compared to Steve and the rest of you though..anyway lookin forward to gettin to know the folks here..oh yah..just because the name says deejay..doesnt mean i think im some great dj..or im actively some kind of club jock..i just couldnt think of anythin cool..i should come up with somethin new..names dan...peace

Edited by deejay