HALO 2??

alkatrazz

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PC games are obviously the best, but it's just shite that technology progresses so fast that a year old PC can't play the latest games without spending dough on upgrades. Fuck all that nonsense. I'll stick with MAME and Pacman. :shades_smile:

Guest Deeswift
PC games are obviously the best, but it's just shite that technology progresses so fast that a year old PC can't play the latest games without spending dough on upgrades. Fuck all that nonsense. I'll stick with MAME and Pacman.  :shades_smile:

It's very rare that a 1 year old PC can't play the latest games. I can't think of any, to be honest. There are so many variables anyway, it's hard to say. Depends on the amount and speed of RAM, graphics card, CPU, hard drive, everything. Game co's are usually pretty forgiving when it comes to minimum requirements -- they have to be, otherwise they lose so many customers. Not too many people actually have a very up to date, powerful machine, most of the world runs on mid-range components, so that's the biggest market right there.

Good thing about PC is when you run games from a year ago or so, they play superbly and run to their full potential. I was playing Rallisport Challenge for the last couple of days, and it looks great and runs really fast, much better than the XBox version. I'm using a Sony Dual Shock pad plugged into a USB converter which is dope too.

Yeah you're right, but then companies take advantage of the latest technology, so if you play a newer game with older hardware, it doesn't run as well. At least with consoles you know the game will work every time. I miss the days when the SNES was the best console around..........

Guest Deeswift

I agree, it does move a bit too fast for my wallet to keep up. I don't miss the SNES though! Pretty amazing to think how far things have come. Most consoles can be emulated these days, as we know, and you can fit all the games and the virtual hardware onto a single disc, or add a whole back catalogue of ROMS as an email attachment. Fucking mad! There was nowt like this when I was a kid! Etc, etc...

Guest Deeswift

Nah, I never had an Evil Knievel. I remember being jealous of this kid's EK T-shirt at junior school though. Bastard. It was one of those white nylon shirts with like a photo of Evil on there. Dope as fuck. Scalextric was dope, but we were too poor for things like that. I did have a Steve Austin 6 Million Dollar Man though, but this fat bird who was a mate of my mums sat on it and broke his neck. I swear, I will never live that down.

I didn't have a Scalextric either. I had a battery operated cheap alternative. The track was oval and couldn't be made into other shapes. :(

You could tell the hierarchy of rich kids in school. The richest had sports bags with ADIDAS or NIKE on them. The medium kids had ones with FOOTBALL and TENNIS written on them. The poorest fuckers just had fake leather bags with SPORT emblazoned across them.

LOL, I had the freshest gear staight out the charity shop. My school was tiny but it had all sorts, from kids like me to kids all of whose clothes came from "boutiques". My best friend had castle greyskull, like all the mask toys, all that shit. I had a subscription to the Beano, biatch!