my album

mattnice

hi ive put together an instrumental hip hop album,some of u might know me from skratch-alienz.

If not hi im mattnice,you might of read about me being a homo on asis,yes thats me. :52_52:

Im just gonna post up a link to a download of the album.

it features the dj skills of loop skywalker and dj reck from belguim.

its just one long 49 minute track i havent bothered cuttin it into trax so take a listen and hit me up with some feedback.

im off to start volume 2 if anyone whats to cut over one of my beats ive always got beats waitin for peops.

the album

cheers Matt

Edited by mattnice

times are approx :p

first track (- 2:40) - with "he aint heavy" samples. clever stuff! this is good.

track 2 (2:40 - 5:18) - not feelin this one much. the scream sample get a bit much

track 3 (5:18 7:15) - cut fest. good cuts too. i like this

track 4 (7:15 - 10:00) spooky beat to cut over. the scream sample on that took me by surprise

track 5 (10:00 - 10:40) skit

track 6 (10:40 - 14:00) luke and mattnice cuts. not the most tech cuts, but pulled clean. and scratched sentences - always sound dope!

track 7 (14:00 - 17:00) good beat for cuts

this is as far as i have got. i actually have to do some work now ;)

good stuff though.

i liked it. the last track was my favourite and there were a couple of tracks that were a bit hit and miss, but it was definitely easy to listen to and was good to chill to. some of the samples were brilliant - 'diamond geeza' was the best!!

I think that overall it's pretty good. The cuts are well done, and most of the beats, are nice, but i think they tend to get a bit repetitive. I'd like to see a little more variation in the tracks that are just beats.