I made a looper for SSS

After much farting around, I actually did something.

Here's the guff I put on FB...

Kicking off our new SSS Artist Series loopers, here's Volume One.

"12-Bit Funk" produced by DJ Rock Well

Featuring twelve original beats made from funk samples taken directly from RW's record collection, fed into classic 12-Bit machines. Raw, gritty and perfectly lo-fi by design. Beats range from 71bpm to 120bpm in ascending speed order with ten on the discs and the final two 'hidden' on the front of the disc box.

The looper design and build was all expertly executed by Kutclass. Big thanks to him for making this happen!

As mentioned in a previous post, this is the beginning of a series of 'looper albums' by individual producers. There's plenty of stuff in the works right now, so stay tuned for more of these in different styles from by other producers, both SSS crew and invited guests.

Anyway, here it is. The folder includes both .exe and .swf versions and should be appearing in the usual other spots soon.

http://www13.zippyshare.com/v/rm01Crfg/file.html

Working to a specific theme, it won't be everyone's cup of tea. But hopefully there's something on there some people will like. If anybody wants to share it around the scratchernet, that would be nice. Cut videos using it would be most welcome!

• Like 7

Thanks!

I realise it's a bit left field of a lot of loopers out there. TBH I'm not that into a lot of the beats fashionable at the moment, some just aren't my sort of music and there is a lot trend following. So I thought I just do what I like, put it out there and see if anybody was into it. Like you say, it's good to try different things and to have a bit of variety out there.

Can't take credit for the design or build though, that was all Kutclass' sterling work. He did a great job, it's another way to hopefully make it stand out a bit more with so many loopers coming out now.

And err, yes, we forgot a stop button. One to remedy on future loopers. You can use it on tablist.net and the tablebeats app though where they know what they're doing and have a stop button ;)

• Like 1

Stop button = click on any beat and drag cursor away

This works on all loopers I believe

I have to check this out in the evening. If it really works on every looper, then I'm the dumbest of dumb fucks on this forum as I've used SwishMax before with the help of the NOZL tutorial and I remember that pressing a button was 'stop current playback' and releasing was 'play next one'.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion! Finally I don't need to listen to a loop 65536 times before it's over. :)

Edit:

If it really works on every looper, then I'm the dumbest of dumb fucks on this forum

It's official.

(At least it doesn't work on some of the Redmist loopers)

• Like 2

Cheers for clearing that one up Paul :-) As mfsop pointed out , it works cause pressing down your mouse stops the beat and releasing the mouse plays the beat, so releasing away from button will act as a stop. My bad as i thought everyone kinda knew this trick and I was struggling to keep the aesthetic of the looper as uncluttered as possible.

• Like 1