DV Tinychat scratch room - shall we upgrade it to pro?

Steve

Here's the benefits of going pro: -

High quality full screen video

No ads

Camera filters and effects

Pro badges

Priority directory listing

Some of that stuff is shit nobody cares about, but HQ video and no ads might make it worthwhile.

It costs $9.99 per month or $89.99 per year. If we do it, we'd go for a year, which is about £56 in real money. I'll toss in a tenner, so that leaves £46 to pay which is not much if it's split between the folks that actually use it.

Anyway, I don't use it, but if you do, let me know your thoughts. If you think it's fine as it is, we'll leave it.

Ill put in a tenner.

also rich suggested i ask you for admin status on there seeing as me and him are on there most nights. is that cool?

i wonder if sound quality gets any better?

Nice one mate.

And yeah, it's fine for you to be a moderator. All you need to do is PM me your Tinychat name, i.e. this bit: -

tinychat.com/xxxxxx

If, after I've done that, you still don't have what you need, PM me again and I'll give you the password for the DV Tinychat account.

Nice one gents. I'm not sure if that $89.99 includes VAT, or if I'd even have to pay VAT, but if I do I'll see if Vekked will make the payment so we avoid that.

We've got £40 promised plus whatever Sav is going to throw into the pot, so if one more person is willing to toss in a tenner we'll make this happen.

I've asked Tinychat whether it's for the user or the room, so I'm waiting for their reply.

If it's for the user, obviously we'll forget it. If it's for the room, I'll pay for 1 month of Pro then you guys can see if it's worth it. That way we won't waste time and money having a whip round for something that's shite.

I don't think it's worth it mate. Also, I don't want to give the login details out to too many people. I remember when we had a shared hosting account with a load of beat loopers, scratch vinyl rips and stuff in it and some dick deleted all of the files and changed the password. All it takes is someone to go off on a mad one and it all goes tits up and we lose the account.

• Like 1

yeah that sucks that its not for the room. 90 bucks is loads!

lets just leave it as is. prob kills bandwidth for other users. i was reading about lag when pro/non pro users are on together