Fong Fong's Slider Cut Kickstarter

savwar

i Feel this might be better if it was shorter, as it would represent the hand distance involved when using records a little better.

But then again with out the motor of a deck, i guess it's just a different experience, and not supposed to replicate the normal buzz.

might be fun though.

Bit ambitious expecting 45,000 though no?

and also for the 180, it says Sidercut for 49 Euros?? whats that referring to??

Interesting, but as a deck replacement only a little.

If it had a way to cut or punch in the sound, right in the slider, it'd be more interesting

I'd be more interested in a touch conductive "forward/reverse toggle switch" which could be tiny, and act as deck/jog, and just might lead to some new sounds (i said might🤔)

Guest rasteri

It means you get to buy it for 49 euros when it comes out.

I thought it was really dumb when I first saw it but now I think I'm in love - it's entirely unpowered, it uses a tape head to read the audio data from a piece of tape

• Like 2

It means you get to buy it for 49 euros when it comes out.

I thought it was really dumb when I first saw it but now I think I'm in love - it's entirely unpowered, it uses a tape head to read the audio data from a piece of tape

so you pay 190 to get to pay 49 for it. don't like the phrasing on that... just write 239 for fucks sake.

how do you think it would hold up over time? would the tape head need replacing? I know they said the first one was tested for 500,000

yeah i was thinking it was shit when i first saw it, but now i'd like to have one for the collection.

I shall put my usual pro former here....I'm an old twat, so pinch of salt time.

Half the size and half the cost and yeah this thing is absolutely killer, it just seems too long and too costly, 290 euros is nearly 3 times the cost of a PT01 Scratch, which essentially takes up a similar amount of space in comparison, does the analogue to DVS bizzo, and is at the end of all things, a fucking turntable and much better for practice.

I would love them to sell a shit ton of these so i can pick up one on ebay in a few months for half the cost, unfortunately it seems they wont even fulfil the kickstarter (45k, really)