How To: fit a fader in a numark PT-01

Guest Symatic

Guest Symatic

Some people over on skratchlounge wanted to know how I fitted the fader to my portable deck, so here you go.

excuse my spelling and lack of fancy design, it was a late night!

HERES THE TUTORIAL

EDIT: since skratchworks went down and they were hosting the image files, I've dug em out again and here they are:

(this is not the best way of doing this though! just get a frisk fader! you can order them from the UK now : http://scratchproaudio.co.uk/ )

• Like 2

• 3 years later...
Guest Symatic

Yo the tutorial is gone now that skratchlounge had packed up....

Basically if you can get a fader that will work, ie a passive fader, you just have to attach it to the black ribbon cable that connects the top and bottom circuit boards inside the pt-01.

The ribbon cable is the one that keeps everything together when you try and open the deck.

There are 3 cables in that ribbon you need to cut. They are labelled L, R and GND, and you just solder in some wire to extend these cables from the ribbon location to wherever you add your fader.

BUT!!!!

Its way easier to just get a frisk or raiden fader and velcro it onto the top of the deck :)

Thats what ive got mow and it works like a charm

Guest rasteri

If you wanna go to the next level, instead of a passive fader it seems like it'd be possible to use an Innofader Pro since it effectively includes a VCA as part of its circuitry. Then you get full curve/lag/tension controls.

Although I'm not sure an Innofader would fit inside the case haha.

• Like 2

Guest Symatic

I think it might just fit. But i have no idea about electro ics really, i just tried the fader thing an it worked. If anyone understands what is actuallly going on in a fader better than i do maybe we'd have an even better solution :)

Guest rasteri

If you wanted to use an inno pro you'd set it up like the "Numark M Series" diagram here : http://www.innofader.com/images/products/InnofaderPro-nonVCA.jpg

You'd basically wire it up to the same places you wired the other fader to. I.e. wire CH1_LEFT/CH1_RIGHT to the deck's left and right channels respectively, CH2_LEFT/CH2_RIGHT both to ground, and LEFT_TAP/RIGHT_TAP to the PT-01's outputs.

You'd also need to find out where the PT-01 is getting its Positive, negative and ground power supplies from and wire them up to Vcc, -Vcc and GND respectively.

If anyone wanted to buy a PT-01 and an Inno Pro I'd totally wire it up for them for free just for shits and giggles.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I installed a numark d type crossfader in my ion ipt01, only thing is when the fader cuts out sound I can (very faintly) hear the sound from the vinyl. any ideas why? I have it on my instagram shottadubz

also much respect to you guys, been a lot of help with this as well