Practice Sessions

iexist

I just got a new p&g fader and a new pair of needles. I've been pretty sloppy the past couple of days, but I felt like tonight was the better night for me. The file is 3 rounds of the same beat and the same sample, and there's about 10 seconds of me just workin some cuts at the end. Pardon the redudant file but I just want to know how my scratchin is. I'm feeling that I'm getting my cuts down alot better, but I really feel like alot of the times my shit is just repetitive, and pretty basic, like something is missing. I can never really record a session and feel like there was a sort of style to it... I dunno... I would really appreciate some constructive criticism on this file. I'm not asking you to listen to the whole thing, but for those who do, much appreciation. Let me know how I'm doing. Thanks.

Practice Session

3 Rounds - same beat, same sample

6:14 - 2.49 MB

I listened to the whole thing. It did sound like you were doing the same techniques a lot: -

forward crab

1 click flare

double time chirp

When I was practicing with you the other day, there were a couple of moments where you did your 8 bars and I thought you sounded like Shortkut from a couple of years ago. That didn't really come across at all in this file. I know you have more styles than the ones that came out here. Maybe you got stuck in the groove of doing the same thing. I do that all the time.

It seems like you're better at the multi-click scratches (where you're moving the fader quickly) than you are at the slower ones that require more record control to sound clean. I notice you don't do any tears either.

I'm not criticising you mate, just trying to point out the areas where I think you're not so strong. I think we'd all benefit from cutting online with each other more. I've learned things from everyone I've cut with, including beginners and people who are way more advanced than me.