NozL Recordings: How to Create a Skratch Looper - Tutorial (Swishmax Flash)

NozL

Lone Wolf breaks it down tutorial style to show you how to create your own skratch looper.

The five part session covers hyperlinking, button actioning, using the fx tool and other handy tips to get you started in making your own practice looper.

Make sure you watch it in the crisp 720 HD option in You Tube.

Enjoy :-)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

hey guys - been trying to get a looper together and found this tutorial, so thanks Nozl!

having a bit of trouble getting the script to work to play the audio.

you know where the line of script goes red until you link the track, well on mine it doesn't turn red?

:huh:

havent checked it out yet but thanks in advance. I had been asking for some guidance, so hopefully this is the answer!

Eric give me a shout if you need help

• Like 1

Your loopers are perfect mate. Originally I was looking for a lazy template kinda thing where I could just upload some wavs to a program and be done with it. If I'm going to follow in your footsteps, what software and skills do i need?

hey guys - been trying to get a looper together and found this tutorial, so thanks Nozl!

you know where the line of script goes red until you link the track, well on mine it doesn't turn red?

So for each button, you should be using the mouse action 'on press' to stop all sounds, then mouse action again 'on release', play sound. The 'play sound' part goes red until you import then select the sound to be played.

Your loopers are perfect mate. Originally I was looking for a lazy template kinda thing where I could just upload some wavs to a program and be done with it. If I'm going to follow in your footsteps, what software and skills do i need?

Skills? Little to none. If you haven't coded Flash before, just follow the NozL video. Hit me up on Facebook if you run into any problems.

Download Swishmax (PC only) and away you go.

Guest Symatic

I always prefer to have the sound play " on press" so if you wanna do it on beat you dont have to let go of the button to let the sound play, plus theres no gap in the audio between loops

So for each button, you should be using the mouse action 'on press' to stop all sounds, then mouse action again 'on release', play sound. The 'play sound' part goes red until you import then select the sound to be played.

that's what i'm doing but it doesn't turn red.

what version of Swish Max is lone wolf using in the tutorial videos?

I think I've managed to work it out

There's a button called 'Script Assistant' that I needed to press which has all the settings to link imported audio files.

Thanks for everyone's help otherwise, I'm gonna aim to put out a looper next month.

• Like 1