should i get a trigger finger?

Nimrod

yo, its either this or a psp with my xmas money....

i do want a trigger finger but need some more info - it what sense is it beneficial for beat programming? cos i need something that will quickly and more expressively chop up and compose sampled beats etc

anyone?

I got a trigger finger a few months back, pretty good for the price. I mainly use it for live drumming and not triggering smaples but ive seen it being done and it looks impressive. They're pretty easy to use and come with ableton 4LE which is also nice. I think for the money they're worth it.

id like to get a mpd16 pad or a trigger finger as well but! if you want the aspect of being able to chop and bang out(pause) your samples on the fly...id get a decent midi keyboard....i myself have a m-audio keystation 49e. i use fruity loops with this and the main reason i got a keyboard over the pads first was cause id rather have the aspect of being able to put chopped samples into keys and play them out on the fly AND be able to have something to play some keys on(even though i dont know how to,i like the feel of keys onna keyboard rather then playing notes onna keyboard). but thats just me and further down the line(not that you couldnt add a trigger finger into you setup if you wanted to) but in the long run it'd be nice to add like a sound module of some sort tot he setup so you can run more sounds and have something to control it with.

lol

no problem man... just like getting value for money and i hate the thought that i'll be buying a bit of kit that i dont really need etc...

but then seeing as i have ableton now it should be dope for doing live bits with my band etc