Downloading PSP games, movies, etc....

Cable

What's up people?

Tried doing a search, but couldn't find much info....Not too sure if this should be in the tech help section...

Anyways, thinking of investing in a PSP soon, I've heard that all the new ones released now are running v2.5(?) and in order to download/run copied games you need v2.0 or v1.5(?)

Does anyone know a lot about this?

Cheers.

Cheers Steve....

I've read somewhere online (some emulation forum) that people are working on way to crack v2.5 - haha, think I'll have to stick with buying the games for the time being!!!

Erm, does anyone wanna by a Nintendo DS with the Dog game?

Cheers Steve....

I've read somewhere online (some emulation forum) that people are working on way to crack v2.5 - haha, think I'll have to stick with buying the games for the time being!!!

Erm, does anyone wanna by a Nintendo DS with the Dog game?

How much are you selling it for?

About the PSPs

Yes, you'll need a version 2.0 firmware'd PSP to get isos and homebrew running on it. And technically, you can only do this if you downgrade to version 1.5. At the moment there are also versions 2.01, 2.50 and 2.60 of the firmware. I don't know if any PSPs are shipping with firmware greater than 2.0 installed now though, but I'm sure they will soon, so I'd get one as soon as you can. (It's the reason I imported mine from Japan back in the pre-2.0 hack days). And there has never been 'stealth upgrading' of PSP firmware - you need to have greater than 50% battery charge and have your PSP plugged in in order to upgrade as it is. If a stealth upgrade was to be performed, and your battery runs out half way, you could end up bircking your PSP, and I don't think Sony want any (more) lawsuits.

There's currently no way to play an iso of GTA:Liberty Stories, so you'll need both an original copy of the game and 2.0 firmware (doesn't work on v1.5) There are a few other games like that too, but they are slowly getting cracked.

You'll need a big enough mem stick to run full game isos too - 1Gb as a minimum, but nowadays the 2Gb stick aren't too expensive. You can also get iso rips if your mem stick is not big enough. Emulators and roms don't need much space though - you can have a nice enough collection of roms and emulators on the 32Mb card.

You can get the isos and files at the usual BT places.

And there has never been 'stealth upgrading' of PSP firmware - you need to have greater than 50% battery charge and have your PSP plugged in in order to upgrade as it is. If a stealth upgrade was to be performed, and your battery runs out half way, you could end up bircking your PSP, and I don't think Sony want any (more) lawsuits.

Couldn't they just use the battery life indicator so they know when it's more than half charged? I'm not calling you a liar BTW mate, cos I was just repeating what I'd read elsewhere, but I don't see why it wouldn't be possible for them to do stealth upgrades if they wanted to.

if you get one NOW, it will probably have 2.0 on it...

i bought one last wk.

WHAT EVA U DO, DO NOT BUY ONE THEN PUT IN THE BONUS UMD AND UPG TO 2.01.

if u do, u wont be able to downgrade EVER!!!

make sure u get one with 2.0 on it, then downgde to 1.5.

thats what ive done and i can play iso games on it and other emulators.

need any help just ask, i kinda had to figure everything out which kinda sucked

And there has never been 'stealth upgrading' of PSP firmware - you need to have greater than 50% battery charge and have your PSP plugged in in order to upgrade as it is. If a stealth upgrade was to be performed, and your battery runs out half way, you could end up bircking your PSP, and I don't think Sony want any (more) lawsuits.

Couldn't they just use the battery life indicator so they know when it's more than half charged? I'm not calling you a liar BTW mate, cos I was just repeating what I'd read elsewhere, but I don't see why it wouldn't be possible for them to do stealth upgrades if they wanted to.

Yeah, I don't see why they *couldn't* do it, but AFAIK, upgrading has so far been a voluntary thing. Firmware 2.50 and 2.60 were only released as a fix to the exploit found in the 2.0 firmware. The only way they could stealth upgrade you was if they put it on a UMD game or movie, but these firmwares are still to new to have been included with the latest games. Back when 2.0 was released, games were still only shipping with the 1.51 or 1.52 upgrade on it. You can upgrade your firmware over the network feature, but that requires your WiFi to be on.