ie.MERG - Audiocide

iexist

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree with lorn "iemerge sucks" or whateva it was has nothing to do with a post on his record.

just for the record (no pun), his record has some new samples on it which he obviously dug up rather than pressing another record with ahhhs and freshes all over it!!!

he deserves some credit for that.

i would and probably will buy his record!

I heard the record and liked it. I have seen his sets and I didnt like it. It wasnt that he wasnt talented, it was just noisy sounding juggles. These cats need to juggle to a metronomes too. I repeat, the record was nice, his sets arent my flavor. I like tigerstyle routines that are musical.

imo rafik is better than imerge on the cut...

Rafik is probably my favourite scratcher right now. His stuff is so fucking precise it's untrue. I'd be happy if I ever get anywhere near to his standard.

Steve I think your better than you think. You sound like a robot when cutting cause your so clean.

edit: I just watched the vid of his routine. I stand by what i said. Just sounds like noise.

I heard the record and liked it. I have seen his sets and I didnt like it. It wasnt that he wasnt talented, it was just noisy sounding juggles. These cats need to juggle to a metronomes too. I repeat, the record was nice, his sets arent my flavor. I like tigerstyle routines that are musical.

I don't know how much juggling to a metronome would help... like I dunno, but personally when I juggle, I set my own tempo most of the time, I only keep the original tempo for an intro part maybe before I build it up or break it down into something... and even then, some of my juggles can be faster or slower depending on how I feel that day, but it's still on time...

like merge's juggles are really clean for the most part, with the exception of juggle number 1 this year, but they are pretty noisy, cuz he producers/picks beats to juggle that are littered with kicks and/or snares, and they're pretty sucky to listen to by themselves (refer to the beat on audiocide that he uses for his 04 routine), and he doesn't really change tempo or feel in his juggles for the most part, no breakdowns/buildups, just aphex-esque fast/aggressive percussion, with little melody...

but in the end, the guy does have a fairly original style about him overall, which a lot of guys are lacking these days... like you hear a merge set and you know it's merge... can't say that for a lot of cats out there

imo rafik is better than imerge on the cut...

Rafik is probably my favourite scratcher right now. His stuff is so fucking precise it's untrue. I'd be happy if I ever get anywhere near to his standard.

Steve I think your better than you think. You sound like a robot when cutting cause your so clean.

edit: I just watched the vid of his routine. I stand by what i said. Just sounds like noise.

I dunno about that. I can cut pretty precise, but my range of cuts ain't very wide and I have loads of trouble with some scratches. Cutting hamster I just can't move the fader all that fast for some reason so it's either fairly slow transforms or clicky crabs and 2-click flares.

As for IE.MERGE, I think he gets a bad rep for the most part. I don't think he performed the best set at the DMC, but there is no question that he is super skilled. I agree with Gabe though in respect of juggles staying in time. I'd rather hear Kentaro juggling than IE.MERGE simply cos his stuff actually sounds good to listen to even if you're not watching. I dunno if that's right for a battle situation or what, but fuck it. lol.

word, kentaro's illness... haha, but generally merge is fairly in time though, like he's a pretty dayum clean juggler for the most part I thought, cept for the first juggle this year, but check 04, he's pretty clean despite the mistake in the melody juggle in that routine

kentaro is off tha heezy!!!

muzzell i think u being a bit hard on yourself dude, fair enough you was sick but i think u done better than u think!

i would of put you and unkut equal 3rd, 2nd pfel, 1st iemerge.

i feel sorry for iemerge man, he dont ask for alot of the crap he gets and he doesnt deserve it. he is a dude who stepped up to the plate and defended his title, no one here has done something like that, so unless u been there its not fair to hate on this guy.

he is just doing his thing man. cant say that for alot of other people these days!!!

i feel sorry for iemerge man, he dont ask for alot of the crap he gets and he doesnt deserve it.

To be fair though I don't think he takes any crap. I've not seen anyone say he's wack. It's just people's opinions of who they think should have won. I have mad respect for Merge and I think he's a superb DJ but I wouldn't have put him at number one at last year's DMC and that seems to be what some other people are saying.

I got the email about the deadline in march.

The track is at a standstill untill I get the Vox and drums recorded. If that doesnt happen im not sure what I will do with it.

Im going to give the album to a few people I know to.

cool

holla wat wat. no worries. was only joking. deadline is more to make sure this doesnt drag on. I'll holla closer to the deadline and ew can see what's happening.

how you getting the vox and drums recorded? did you rip them out of the original files. i know it's tricky for some tracks cos there wasnt that many files to use in the first place :s

as for passing it around, yeah please do, and let me know if anything comes out of it. still looking for some dnb producers to do a take on it. so if you know any holla at a frenchman

woard

PS: check mails in 2