DIY portable scratching

bruxism

have a look at this, and let me know what you think.

Some dude's cool turntable

I wanna make one, but i wanna make one with a proper crossfader attached, and i wanna try to eliminate "the popping" sound attached to it.

I wanna sit around the camp fire and play my turntable like those bloody hippies with their guitars always do!

How would you make it better?

peace out

Was there a turntable in this video? I thought it was some edgy marliyn manson electro shock treatmeant something or other.

I mean if its DIY scratching, i dont want to get scratched by blue glittery nails.

• 1 month later...

Actually I have thought about making something like this but I was going to use an old school portable turntable rather than something new and snazzy. But I was thinking about a crossfader rather than a switch. I like the fact that you can crab with his switch design rather than it just being a pushbutton or toggle switch on the deck.

I am absolutely certain that you could use his switch without the popping though - you just need to switch the unused signal to ground.

I really want something like this!