It's Bigger Than Scrat-ching

Guest Vekked

yo, this is because of the all this scratching is making me bored thread... like, people always pick on scratching saying it's dead, everyone sucks, no one does anything new, blah, blah, but like... isn't everything we're talking about just a natural thing that happens throughout an instruments existence? it's not just with the turntable and scratching, every instrument has the same problems and issues, we're just not as aware most of the time cuz we're so focussed on scratching... soloing with any instrument is boring, any amateur musician on any instrument will probably not have a distinct style... we're obviously experiencing a lack of innovation on the instrument compared to like 10 years ago, but that's how it works, there's a lot less innovation on every instrument compared to when it first began to get big...

i mean... it's bigger than scratching, it's bigger than the turntable, it's music in general, we're just in a transition, and it'll change, scratching won't go extinct, people will still be scratching in the future, there will be innovation both musically and technologically (likely as a result of each other)... nah mean... do your thang, stop complaining and starting making moooosick however you feel the best way is for you, whether is all scratch pieces, being part of a band, battling, or just ahh freestyling (you can't deny that it's fun to do whether anyone else likes it or not)...

yea i'm done

pz!

I couldn't put that any better exactly my point.So quit wyning and get back to making this a Genre.The masses are still not taking this new form of music seriously.So lets keep it moving.

yo, this is because of the all this scratching is making me bored thread... like, people always pick on scratching saying it's dead, everyone sucks, no one does anything new, blah, blah, but like... isn't everything we're talking about just a natural thing that happens throughout an instruments existence? it's not just with the turntable and scratching, every instrument has the same problems and issues, we're just not as aware most of the time cuz we're so focussed on scratching... soloing with any instrument is boring, any amateur musician on any instrument will probably not have a distinct style... we're obviously experiencing a lack of innovation on the instrument compared to like 10 years ago, but that's how it works, there's a lot less innovation on every instrument compared to when it first began to get big...

i mean... it's bigger than scratching, it's bigger than the turntable, it's music in general, we're just in a transition, and it'll change, scratching won't go extinct, people will still be scratching in the future, there will be innovation both musically and technologically (likely as a result of each other)... nah mean... do your thang, stop complaining and starting making moooosick however you feel the best way is for you, whether is all scratch pieces, being part of a band, battling, or just ahh freestyling (you can't deny that it's fun to do whether anyone else likes it or not)...

yea i'm done

pz!

word!!

yea i'm done

pz!

spot on there mate!

Does anyone even have fun with their cuts anymore? Or did we all get too tied up trying to make ourselves appear serious to the rest of the world? The best cuts I've heard are from artists that clearly sound relaxed, and generally having a good ol time at what they're doing.

I imagine if we're doing it we're having some fun... I know that with me at least there's nothing I'd rather do when I'm by myself than just put my headphones on and cut, forget about everything else, like it's one of the most relaxing/therapeutic (that sounds a lil gay) things in my life, like whenever I'm stressed out, or my heads sort of feeling cloudy because I'm thinking too much or something's going on, I can just chill out and cut and when I'm done I feel fine, it relaxes me and clears my mind...

pz!