Bittorrent problems

Mixologist

Look on the DVBK for the torrents guide. Sig or Dee will tell you that bittorent sucks. Try one of the other programs. And yes, the fact that there are ony two seeds could be a problem. But don't take my word for it...hahah i loved reading rainbow

2 seeds is OK. Are there many peers too? If there are only 2 seeds and 0 peers with partial copies of the file then the download will depend on the upload speed of the seeds.

Double click the torrent in Azureus and check to make sure the tracker is online. Also make sure it's not a registered tracker where you have to go and sign up to a website.

I get a lot of movies off Suprnova. I must have about 100 in a case here. They usually take between 2 and 6 hours depending on the speed so I can download a couple while I'm asleep. Over here in the UK, the law is different regarding what we download (for now) so we're safer than the US guys.

• 2 weeks later...

I use Burst! bit torrent Client

never got on with Azureus

being java based - it was far too slow

plus, with burst, it tells you exactly whats going on

if your stuck on 0.0% on Azureus, it don't tell you shit

where as on Burst, it says

"To use this tracker, you need to login - goto www.blah.com to sign up for free"

it's just far more polished IMO

That sounds pretty good. I'll give it a try. When I first started using Azureus, there were only a handful of clients around and they were mostly based on the original which was lacking features. I've never really had any problems with it - I always get decent speeds of up to about 75KB.

If you double click a torrent in Azureus it opens another window with information that includes if you need to sign up to a tracker or not.