fucked needles

pedostyle

the other day i woke up. my tonearm was clamped down so it wasnt randomly banging around. tried putting the needle on the record it just slid around. looked at it and the arm the needles attached to (name escapes me) is all bent to fuck to the side. so i tried putting it back and it seems to have gone back so i decided to switch the needle from my other turntable. now today i wake up and its done the same damn thing. i use m447s. anyone had this happen? time to switch needles?

thing is i usually use 3.5 grams. well within shure's suggestions. and i recently bought new needles (say within the past 5-7 months). my last needles lasted fine for more than a year....

edit: yeah that part. it was almost completely horizontal though. and how the needles did the same thing within a few days baffles me because i often scratch without any beat or anything? maybe im accidentally letting the needle hit the moving platter by accident?