neone else picking up the pro x fader

p-ski

@DOG

You should just be able to use the cut-in time adjusters.

Now that makes more sense. Is that just like a screw adjustment or like an allen wrench on a 707 and the 909?

I was going to pick one up. But not if it still needs modding!

No no no...don't get me wrong

You can adjust the cut-in time using a dial / screw type adjuster (no tool necessary, you can do it by hand)

I'm only saying I want to mod it because I don't like the loud clicking sound you get from the metal plate when you turn the fader on & off. I use headphones to scratch, and keep things pretty soft, plus the clicking noise annoys my girlfriend, so by using a piece of credit card I can dampen the sound of the fader plate.

No no no...don't get me wrong

You can adjust the cut-in time using a dial / screw type adjuster (no tool necessary, you can do it by hand)

I'm only saying I want to mod it because I don't like the loud clicking sound you get from the metal plate when you turn the fader on & off. I use headphones to scratch, and keep things pretty soft, plus the clicking noise annoys my girlfriend, so by using a piece of credit card I can dampen the sound of the fader plate.

I gotcha. Girls. I hate when that happens.

I opened up the Pro X Fade again and adjusted the dials at the end of the rails to eliminate all the dead space...

and that annoying click is gone!!!111

Like dextrous said, it's all the 06's fault. The fader isn't hitting the 06 face plate anymore, with the dials properly adjusted.

Sooooo...

this crossfader *doesn't* need any modding AT ALL! Woop!

EDIT

...and by god, is it dope. Clicks are almost effortless now. I can now bust the Rucker-esque 2 clicks...the ones that sound like super-clean crabs... I'm a happy chappy :)

• 2 weeks later...

GIZMO:

im "thinking" about getting a pro x fader, i didnt want to but if im gunna spend money on a stanton p&g (cant get a vestax p&g in australia) , i might as well fork out the extra and get the pro x fade.

question, skratchshop sells em right? also do u ship to australia?

how much are they in australian + shipping, and lastly will it fit my qfo?

thanks gizmo

:)

GIZMO:

will it be cheaper to buy the pro x fader from a retailer in the US???

just with the crappy exchange rate and all. if its only a bit more id feel more comfortable buing it from you cuz i know its a good source, all depends on the price i guess.

your honesty is appreciated. thanks!

• 2 weeks later...