AIM

Mixologist

I was running aim and i by accident clicked update,, obviously aim comes with adware i.e. wildtanget media player, well the new version of AIM 5.9 installs, an AOL searchbar in I.E. as well as some other programs i haven't ofund yet.this is found in your program files called "AIm Toolbar" You can uninstall it however, aim fails to work if you do. I also ran hijack this and found these

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://channels.aimtoday.com/search/aimtoolbar.jsp

O8 - Extra context menu item: &AIM Search - res://C:\Program Files\AIM Toolbar\AIMBar.dll/aimsearch.htm

i'm sure it doesn't take up that much memory, but it's jsut an extra process running in the backround that doesn't need to be there. So stick with your old AIM, or just get Dead AIM, even better don't use aim, unfortunately i have to cause everyone one i know uses it and they don't care bout anything else...