Flow Vs. Technique

$a!n+

In my experiences with musicians, as i see it they have to main groups.

Left Brain

Logical

Sequential

Rational

Analytical

Objective

Looks at parts

Right Brain

Random

Intuitive

Holistic

Synthesizing

Subjective

Looks at wholes

So as I look at everything else I see this applied to cutting.They have half of DJs that can rap their mind around techniques but cant find the flow or rhythym very easily. Then you have the ones that have flow and can always find the rhythym but have difficulties with clean techniques. I have seen this in all other musical instruments aswell as it applys too all human tendencies. Then they have handfulls who kinda reside in the middle. They have grasp over technique and flow and their difficulty is apllying them together. Just wondering how many others have noticed this and where you feel like you fall in these catagories?

I feel like I am in the middle leaning more towards the right brain. As my mother is an artist and my father is a entrepreneur I have an understanding of my left VS. right brain. When i was younger I was 100% right brained, but my left hemisphere becomes a larger influence with age.

Both can be made better with practice.

Looking at your breakdown, I would say I'm definitely left-brained, yet I can come up with great ideas for songs and designs and stuff in my head, but I lack the skills to translate that into the real things. It never comes out how I pictured it, which is why I'm never pleased with anything. I also think the right-brained argument is an excuse used sometimes for people releasing utter shit and calling it art, but then I'm left-brained so I would say that eh? ;)

Yes I agree both can be made better with practice fo sho. All three if you wanna consider the middle of the road people. But I think understand what you are and what others are around help help with ines own development. Understanding how you best learn with help you best teach yourself.

the more synaptical links between the two sides of your brain the better!!! as you stated there are different functions situaded in different areas of the two hemispheres, but the key is to use both in combination. btw this is trained when skratching, as both hands are used in cooperation.

a fact worth mentioning is that people who have injuries on their corpus callosum, the part that links the two hemispheres, often have to face serious problems; if those people take something in their hand, they can only tell the names of objects in one hand (the one linked to the appropriate brain hemisphere). if they take it in the other hand the object will seem familiar, but the "words" are situated in one hemisphere only.

so as i said, the better one can use both sides together, the more effective his brain works.

peace

im ambidextrous whic side of my brain do I use?

Your lead hand doesnt really have anything to do with which is your dominant hemisphere.

If i had to guess I would lean you towards a left brainer. Considering the books you read and your knack for the facts and details. I see alot of creative thinking from you too but it seems drug induced on most part :(( But... I dont really know you that well.

word. that assessment can be compared to how i play football. I twat it with my right peg, and do deft and creative shit,chips and lobs and shit with the other.

symbiosis anyone?