IEMERGE DEFENDING?

jsong56

Guest loop skywalker

one dude..etronik ..who i think could place who is in the usa finals has some audio at slickbeats.net go check him out hes wicked.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats really a load of bollox that germany cant enter the dmc, coz my money would be on them taking it this year!

not just rafik but any lof and pro zeiko..... they have a que a mile long of bad ass djs

Isn't it 20 years for DMC this year?

indeed it is, got my tickets already :p

I've never been to one before, so i'm really looking forward to it. Pity I'm away when the Uk finals is on, because alot of my favourite UK turntablists are in it this year.

I hope C2C defend this year, i'd love to see them live.

Guest loop skywalker

yeah...i think u r right..i seem to remember a few countries doing that in the past...but if rafik dont wanna compete there will be no german rep..which is pretty sad.

In that case, there's a lot more pressure on him to stand.

Couldn't he nominate another to stand in his place? I'm sure that given the circumstances, that would be acceptable. Okay, normally you have to compete to get entry to the worlds but you still have to win the damn thing once you get there, so surely there's nothing unfair about that.

Given the exceptional situation, could German entrants compete outside of their country?

Surely it devalues the whole competition if major competitors are impeded from entry by circumstances beyond their control. Especially given that there are several very strong contenders in Germany.

Is it really fair to just nominate someone though? What if several people want a shot at doing it? It would be nice to see a German entrant sure, but I dunno if it's all that fair to just pick one without them having to get through the heat stages.

Well, no. But none of this is ideal really, is it?

Ideally they'd have some kind of competition. Like a tornament.

They could hold it at a venue, play it througha big soundsystem and sell tickets.

...oh wait

lol

Hehe. I dunno though man, I reckon if I was the UK champ and I got beat by the German champ in the finals, I wouldn't help but wonder if he'd have even been there had there been heats. It's a shame for there to be less countries in it, but I don't think countries should be allowed to nominate a finalist. The rules should be the same for everyone.

There is enough arguing about DMC judges decisions as it is. I think doing this would take away credibility of the competition and cause more arguments. Putting anyone straight into the final of any competition just isn't fair. Imagine if the UK was in that situation now. Who would they nominate? If I was up there with the best, I wouldn't be too happy about them picking someone else without me getting a shot at it.

Hmmmm

I guess they'd have to ask all entrants who wished to be considered to submit a tape, and get judges to decide who they'd enter.

You're right though, the judging system is bad enough as it is. I remember you pointing out a masive flaw in the system last year with judges placing some DJ's in equal positions. If you have to judge, you have a duty to call it. no pussying about.

I would NOT like to judge... paying full attention for a full evening is bad enough, and having your decisions under intense scrutiny is even worse.

All very fair points though Steve. Hopefully by the time me and you make it to the Worlds, they'll have ironed out the wrinkles, ha ha ha

Guest loop skywalker

the itf western team finals were held in a hotel room...i got it on video..its a joke hahaha a major final in a hotel room.

if the southeast regional us shit was any sort of a sign then the us sucks. i went to the shit and honestly, it was garbage. klev did his same old routine(he didnt compete, shotgun threw the shit so klev showed up thank god) and that shit killed everyone else even though it is kinda boring by now.

I can believe it, I really can.

I'd be very interesteed to see how much turnover DMC have done year by year. You could probabbly chart the decline of scratching with it.

I'd b interested to see that vid, though. Do you reckon the competitors performed better for it? Less presure, and actually being able to HEAR your set has gotta make the job a little easier, the sets a little tighter. There's also no excuse for the shitty sound quality we have to put up with on scratch vids, too