My art :..:

Jon

I do some graff here and there...what I use for sketching is mainly sharpies, but I also have alot of paint gel pens, some prismacolor markers, alot of sharpies fine point and ultra fine point and also a few pilot paint pens, and other various paint markers...

only time I really use pencil is when I wanna do a really good sketch, and even then I'll go over the pencil with a sharpie

how I wish that stuff was sold by me and wasnt so expensive...I wanna try some Montana so bad, and some Belton

...but, you're skilled if you can rock the cheap and thin paint...cause they drip a hell of alot more often

heres some links to shops that are based in the UK

www.thelayup.com

stock belton and have a large choice of markers

www.graphotism.com

the distributer for montana gold, black and platinum in the UK

www.eatthebeat.co.uk

bristol based site that started selling paint recently. they also sell loads of different styles of music (including funk :d )

www.wickedpaint.com

good shipping prices but the website doesnt have an accurate colour palette but email them and they can send you some charts. this is probably the better place to buy caps from for starting out

www.monstercolors.com

their paint isnt great but they do some decent budget deals and you can get "hello my name is..." stickers. they sell decent pens aswel

www.molotow.de

belton distribution for europe but last time i checked weren't shipping overseas. its a good site for info though

if you want to start sketching, go to the graphics shop in kingston thats across the road from natterjacks. theyv got loads of quality pens and sketchbooks and a good choice of canvus'. in terms of paint, id definately recommend getting belton if you can afford it, theyv got the best colours aswel IMO, otherwise go with montana from graphotism

funshun cheers for the info man- i'll check out the one in kingston when i next go in- u kno theres 3 natterjacks on the same road now lol ill find it

eat the beat does lots of hiphop i actually like !!!!!! thats a first lol maybe i can be converted haha

if u gonna get into writin i can recomend a few things to ya mate

practise outlines or throwups(bubble looking quick one colour outlines) on paper over and over until u can do each letter in like 3 secs ...then take that to the wall with a can of matt black or chrome and get yourself some nice caps cos for thro ups you wants nice "fat caps"

then for proper sketches or "pieces" use a sharp pencil for the initial sketch outline then fill over that outline with a hard colour like matt black maybe do shadowing on the letters and then fill that all in with a colour,black outline chrome fill-in is the most common

for tags practise on paper till u do it eyes closed with marker then take it to the streets with markers and matt black and bust outlines and tags that u practised

another thing is stickers they are cool to put up in little neat places like on sidewalk polls etc signs etc,get a nice thick marker for that......practise

i dont condone graffiti