The Problem With Music

Guest Deeswift

Guest Deeswift

I'll tell you something. I'm glad I'm not involved with the music industry. And I'm glad to have walked away from a £250,000 deal. Since then, it's always been about DIY, cause I'd want a fucking good contract if I was to sign to any label. I would rather hand burn CD's and sell them myself online.

i think thats why the companies are hating the internet..if files can be swopped so eaily then whats the point in them as everyone will be making there own cds/dvds..cut them out and music will be much cheaper and the artist will get much more money

my step-dad is a soliciter in the music industry......he boasts an office on bond street, works for big name groups, and rakes in fat amounts of ch-ching BUT he comes home everyday, feelin fed up and can talk for hours about how bollocks the music biz is and how many pricks are running it

guess it says that music and money wont always make you happy

yeah friends of mine in a band have just been dropped from tehir label incurring a whole wealth of debt, they've just recorded a new album in france which was scheduled for release, of course that will never come out now, they can't take it anywhere else, label has pulled funding and they've been left with a huge huge debt for the studio in france...Ben's just taken a job as a photo editor for i think NME, he should have paid his debts back by around 2030 i suppose...

• 2 weeks later...