.avi to DVD-Video?

Deft

Someone at work needs a super easy 1-click idiot proof solution to DivX>DVD solution.

Ideally something that will just let you drag a file in - and do ALL the conversion + authoring/layout + burning.

I've found quite a few that will convert to compliant mpeg but then obviously needs extra work to get it into proper DVD-Video format.

Realise probably not the best quality in an all-in-one solution but doesn't matter really.

I saw SVCD2DVD which looks o.k. (now supports AVI conversion) - anyone used it?

Guest Deeswift

I always have nothing but trouble with all kinds of apps which are supposed to put movies on DVD, or convert to different formats. It drives me nuts! Someone needs to release the ultimate app that can actually get the job done and is easy to use. So... I'd like to know too. Everything that's been recommended to me has been poo.

Guest Mike Reezy

I have said this countless times

www.videohelp.com

its the ultimate video conversion website, they have the answer to any question you may have as well as forums, in case they dont.

It covers converting form any file to any other file, and tells you which programs you could use to do that, and how.

There are many many detailed tutorials.

I use tmpgenc to convert and to author dvds, it covers almost any situation, however at times, qwerky situations whatever, some other prog may be required.

serioussly, its the very best website for video conversion andthe like

Guest Mike Reezy
Yeah I have enough tools to do it myself - but I need a 1-click solution for a 73 yr old who doesn't like computers!

there usually is a 1 click solution for mot scenarios, but its different with each one.

You have to use the search function and input the file types in the from and convert to fields, then it will list all guides for that situation and whatnot.

I'd recommend getting a DVD player that can play DivX movies. You can get them for about £40. It's great to just burn a movie on a regular CD and watch it on your TV without messing about converting it to DVD format.

this is probably a crap wap, but i just use Nero to encode em to DVD format, works every time though and quality/sound is always the same as pre-encoded version...

DVD santa gave me the hump as it kept crashing....