LAPTOPS?

whats the dopest laptop i can get with the same qualities as a pc. i'd be using it for making beats and what not. currently i got a sony vaio pc 2.4 ghz p4 processor. basically i want a laptop with bomb multimedia. i'm willing to spend around $1500. any suggestions ya'll ...

Guest Rory

have you thought about getting a Mac? abit more pricey but mine has done a fine job so far. a powerbook would be my recommendation

you can get hp's with amd 64 mobile chips, they're nice but battery life, is short 3 hours or so, they're bulky and heavy, depends what you're looking for look into the amd 64 mobile or the intel pentium m, leaning more twoards the pentium m if you want a MOBILE lap top, not just a movable pc

I got a toshiba satellite a75 s226 with a 3.06 gig P4 processor with hyper threader(i turnd the HT off)! and a gig of ram! and this BITCH just restarted on me by itself!! i didnt touch anything! was just writing some Html code for A website and shit just crashed!! WTF!!

But i love the laptop other than a few minor things!

Have to agree with some of the others, go with a mac, 12" powerbook or somethin. Bit more pricey but probably worth it in the end..

u guys want my pc? haha! it is dopeness, but i need a laptop now so i can get serato or final skratch. plus i want to be able to make beats on the go. im much more creative outside the home. how much u guys thnk i could get for my VAIO??

its got 80 GB HD, P4 2.4 Ghz, 480 MB of RAM, 5 usb ports (2 in front, 3 in back), memory stick drive, dvd/cd burner, yamaha ac-xg soundcard, and some kinda video card (its pretty dope). and a 17" monitor.

how good are the vaio laptops? anyone try/have one?

On this note.. anyone knowa good ish laptop around the 600-700 (££)mark. Dont care about weight as it'll be stuck to my desk, and battery life isnt important either. Would rather it had decent amount of RAM (512) and a big ish hardrive for serato+mp3s.

thanks mucho!

Edited by thejesterkid