My mixer sounds like shit! HELP!

Steve

I used to love my Ecler. The cut in was perfect and crabs and stuff always sounded super crisp. Now it sounds like shit and it's not just cos I'm out of practice - I noticed it a while ago. It has to be the faders right? I've cleaned them and rotated them every once in a while, but do you think they're just worn out? The mixer is getting on for 3 years old. How long do contact faders last? Does anyone know where I can buy Ecler Pro faders cheap? HTFR sell a fader for £20 that fits in "all Ecler Pro mixers" but the picture doesn't look right.

what about the speaker wire and other connectors..how are the ends looking..they oxidise after a while and can give bad sounds...maybe taking the eclar aprt and try and remove and dust from it

easy steve...

the pro faders are well cheap....20 quid, yeah that sounds about right...

they will be the right ones, but when u get them, theyll be without the boards attached...

so basically, u gotta re-solder the fader onto the board as far as i can remember....

thats my recollection of it anyway.....ask baron, he will be able to tell you...hes had a 320 for years.