PS3 vs. Xbox360

Dan

Guest Deeswift

I like it. It's a bit odd but I think it'd be great in use. The new XBOX pad is ugly. Looks like a Dreamcast pad only worse.

i was gonna buy an xbox

but my living room isnt big enough for the controllers.

no doubt the xbox 360 will have dinner plates with buttons on again.

the ps3 controllers, the more i look at them, look hot.

and wireless too, which is a boon.

the worst by far were nint64 controllers. with their battery powered "rumble" pack. N I C E

the ps3 controllers, the more i look at them, look hot.

and wireless too, which is a boon

starting to agree with you there...

they look more comfortable with the longer handles

plus wireless is sik!

id lose mine within 10mins tho..

You lot must be spastics, sony never delivers on its promised specs, remember the 'emotion engine' on ps2 that was going to provide amazing interactive emotional experiences blah blah.... and the pads look horrible. No doubt it'll be the worst of the 3 and sell the most yet again.

Edited by homecounties

Sorry to differ people but the Xbox is as always much better quality... I have quoted from my argument in a freinds forums

What my mate did was get 2 of the same spliner cell games. One for xbox and one for ps2. Then he started the games and got to the first mission and same part of the map on each.... then switched the tv between his xbox and ps2.... the difference in graphics was huge.... the xbox was much smoother and the ps2 was all ropey... not to mention the fact that the xbox loaded up much quicker than the ps2.... and the xbox has a hard drive... and with the playstation what do u get? 8 mb, useless... oh can the playstation play your music during games? no. Oh another thing... remember ps1... i know alot of peoples who's broke down after like 6 months... and my PS2 which hardly got played broke down and 2 of my mates broke down.... his xbox is fine... same with everyones xbox, unless u jump on it or something then it'll still work but the playstation just breaks down whenever it feels like it.

Fact is PS's have better games but are extreamly bad quality and cheaply made. A survey revealed the average life of a PS2 is 3 months, xbox is much more.

Plus u should realise that its only the companies that have rivalries there is no reason why u should hate the xbox as it is clearly better than the PS2.... the day people realise that is amazing as then the games on xbox will get better as there is a demand for them.

And no i don't own an xbox but i'm not going to be buying a PS3 and going for the xbox 360 which arrives this year and not miles away like Playstation 3

Edited by kounter_sync

Guest Deeswift

Why are you quoting out of date stuff? There's a big difference in the PS2 and the original XBOX hardware. The XBOX came out later, and it had a spec that was up to date at the time. A year in terms of technology is a long time. Notice though, that this time around it's different -- Microsoft are launching their console first, so it's very possible that the PS3 will have the advantage.

I'm aware of the hype surrounding consoles, but anyone with an interest in technology should see that the cell processor that Sony is using looks promising. Coupled with graphical power better than any top of the range graphics card currently on the market, PS3 will be a powerful machine. Better than a top end PC in SLI mode. The cell processor runs at 4.5 Ghz. Intel don't have a chip even at 4 Ghz. Not that it's all down to clock frequency either, because there's no AMD chip equivalent. So my guess is it will take PC's a little time to catch up, as is always the case.

The use of Blu-Ray as PS3's main format gives Sony a lot of scope.

Fact is PS's have better games but are extreamly bad quality and cheaply made. A survey revealed the average life of a PS2 is 3 months, xbox is much more

The fuck is this, Microsoft proaganda? My PS2 is running fine after 4 years or however old it is. The lifespan for the PS3 is 10 years. PS2 was 5. Sony recently shipped it's 90 millionth PS2. If they were only supposed to last 3 months, I doubt there would be 90, 000, 000 sales.

The fuck is this, Microsoft proaganda? My PS2 is running fine after 4 years or however old it is. The lifespan for the PS3 is 10 years. PS2 was 5. Sony recently shipped it's 90 millionth PS2. If they were only supposed to last 3 months, I doubt there would be 90, 000, 000 sales.

I ment to say 3 years.. sorry. But in my case i have a lot of friends who have gone throught a few ps2's... one friend in particular has gone throught 4 and he bought his xbox when he got his second and the x box has lasted without a problem. I had a PS2 that lasted about 2 years but had laser problems which i couldn't fix and would cost me almost the same as a new ps2. I live in scotland and maybe thats got something to do with it, but in my experience the ps2's are unreliable and i haven't seen one of my friends xbox's breaking. I admit the ps2 has served me well, i play my new one a lot. But i don't like the PS3's controllers, i don't like the shape of the console either.... and i've seen what the xbox 360 has to offer and i prefer it....

personal preference... i never thought i'd see the day where i would like the xbox over a playstation, but i've seen the games and i'm liking it.

I don't own a console (well - I've got a PS1 somewhere :p) but I know plenty of people that do and most of the PS2 owners have had problems, either with games refusing to work, the draw getting stuck or the thing dying. I only know of one person who had a fucked up Gamecube and none who have had problems with Xbox.

If I was to buy one, I would go solely on the quality, playability and price of the games. There seem to be a wider variety of games for the Sony machine, so if I was to buy one now I'd probably get a PS2. I reckon none of the new consoles coming out are gonna fail to impress graphically anyway, it's whether the developers can write games that utilise the power of the machines and sell them at a decent price that will matter. I reckon that's what fucked up Nintendo, cos while you could get games for £20 for the PS1, you would pay up to £65 for cartridges for the N64.

£65 :o :o was it really that much, i had a n64 myself but it was really my brothers, he bought the games for it. I must say tho i liked the n64... golden eye was the best ever james bond game. Then they remade it and reuined it :@

Back to the point. I'm not complelty against the PS2 or PS3.... but when the prices go down on the PS3 chances are i'll buy one.