Firefox loses it's shine

Steve

Guest Deeswift

Thing is, it took Firefox to force Microsoft to get their shit together. I know for a fact that they coppied some features from Firefox, there was a big discussion on MozillaZine forums about it, and IE7 is influenced by Firefox in quite a few ways. I hope they do have their shit together though, it's taken years for them to catch up. It's taken 8 years for IE to support alpha-transparency. That's quite laughable, but fucking frustrating for any web designer. M$ like to force their own rules, and they're so huge that they can get away with it. The way they operate puts me off using their products, like Ricci Rucker. So... Firefox it is.

No Microsoft and we all wouldn't be here discussing this. It's easy to spot what could be added to a browser to improve it, after all that's what Mozilla did in the first place. MS is not a monopoly and therefore has no power to force any rules unless you choose to use it's software - which most people who slag them off ironically do.

First off FUCK Microsoft.

(now for the logical stuff)

FF is still a million times better than IE.

1. Open source, meaning the program is open to the public for people to make new plugins and other handy scripts to make FF an alltogether more powerful tool. IE is closed and has no customizability and is a crock of shit.

2. FF updates happen frequently which if you completely read the article many vulnerabilities have been fixed and on top of that the percentage of vulnerabilites that are a severe threat are lower than that of IE. meaning that in all actuality IE is still way more dangerous to use than FF.

3. Its not made by microsoft, meaning that the quality is superb and the fit and finish is ultimately better. combine that with the plugins and you've got yourself a hands down winner. the plugins are useful for yes hacking purposes but also useful for web developers and there's also a switch proxy plugin not to mention a dozen other plugins that are there to keep you safe.

I currently run a program that gives me the option of whether or not to run flash movies. this means shorter load times, and higher security if i know the flash is just gonna be an ad.