i med a beat

first thing done in Cubase in a while. I remember being shit at bass so thought I'd try make a bass heavy track minimal track. Dunno what genre it is but its all TB 303 emulators so I guess its some sort of 130 bpm acid.

• Like 3

On 4/28/2024 at 2:44 AM, Steve said:

Good shit man!

I assume you're still scratching? How are your hands doing these days?

thanks steve :) yeah I'm still scratching. Quite a lot recently as I'm gearing up to make tutorials again. I quit for a fair bit and got really into bouldering and now I noticed the boulderings helped strengthen my fingers somewhat. Still get pain if im not careful but much better than it used to be ( also much less obsessed with it, so am less bothered when I have to rest, which defo helps!). How you been? Do you still make mixes?

3 hours ago, djdiggla said:

Fun tune man! Not what I expected at all. Sounds good! 

thanks man :) trying to get a bit more of a cleaner sound with bass so not really my usual thing but I quite like it. I've done like 6 more versions of it since I posted this haha

I hear ya. Been trying to get more depth to my bass and more interesting drum patterns. Easier said than done... at least for me!

• Like 1

On 4/30/2024 at 8:01 PM, chile said:

thanks steve :) yeah I'm still scratching. Quite a lot recently as I'm gearing up to make tutorials again. I quit for a fair bit and got really into bouldering and now I noticed the boulderings helped strengthen my fingers somewhat. Still get pain if im not careful but much better than it used to be ( also much less obsessed with it, so am less bothered when I have to rest, which defo helps!). How you been? Do you still make mixes?

Ah, nice one man! You should get a new freestyle scratch video out there!

My health has been shit to be honest; slowly declining for years now, no matter what I try and do to make it better. I haven't used my decks in a loooong time; maybe a decade. Time just flies though - the last completed mix I made was 11 years ago, but it doesn't seem like that at all.

• Sad 1