Tomorrow's going to be a good day...

JHouse

So, I have these upstairs neighbors who are loud as shit. I always try to be the quiet one, ideally leading by example, but that's evidently not working. Especially lately. Tomorrow night though, they're getting it.

I've been here going on three years, and up until now, I've only been playing in my headphones. Tomorrow night though, that's totally changing. We're talking, drum machine, keys and skratching....out fuckin' loud. And if they try and match my sound level, it's not going to happen. Annnnnd, I'm in the market for some serious outdoor PA speakers that are loud AF.

Fortunately, the landlord is already on my side....they said that they (my upstairs neighbors) have no common sense and are basically clueless. I've tried to be nice to these fucks, but tomorrow no more.

Fuck inconsiderate people.

• Like 5

Oh, and the dude definitely sucks on the guitar. He's been practicing for at least 3 years, yet he completely sucks. No patterns, no direction, just random strumming like some hapless hippie on the hill. I can't wait to go to Guitar Center tomorrow and purchase the cables I need to connect my audio interface to my speakers.

Checkmate motherfucker!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Will do. About to head to Guitar Center in a couple hours to pick up said cables.

To be somewhat fair, I won't begin blasting until they start getting loud. Lately, the dude upstairs has been playing super annoying podcasts late at night, at a pretty high volume. Traditionally, I would just talk to them about any issues, but I've kinda been on their ass lately about other stuff, and well, I don't want to keep coming down on them. Ideally, I want to keep the peace, but not if they're gonna be rude AF. I don't think they're doing it intentionally, I just think they're ignorant.

Get em!

I had a buddy who's upstairs neighbors would call the cops on him for being too loud just during the day. Super lame (sound ordinance starts at 10pm). After the second or third time he was like fuck these dudes. Pointed his speakers up and put his stereo on a timer to shutoff at 10. Anytime he'd leave the house he'd crank it up and blast them out until the exact second it became a legal noise violation. Love me some petty sound wars!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Long story short, I had to order the cables online, thus they won't be here till next week.

With regards to my upstairs neighbors, they've actually been quiet (for the most part) ever since I created this thread. In any event though, I'll be prepared next week.

This whole ordeal may have been a blessing because I really need/want to start playing out loud. I've done so on my decks over the years, but only once on my drum machine and never on my keyboard. Been learning the keys for the last couple years, so haven't really wanted to share the learning experience with my neighbors.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, JHouse said:

With regards to my upstairs neighbors, they've actually been quiet (for the most part) ever since I created this thread.

You could have just told me that you don't like my guitar playing. Instead, I had to find it out like this... 🤬

(cunt)

• Haha 4

Ho-ree-fuck, this is going super well. Cables came yesterday; I came tonight. Like pretty much all over my equipment.

Upstairs neighbor shows up just after midnight, stomping all round acting all aggressive, goes into making mad noise, and I immediately reached for the cables. First filtered thought was I should wait till tomorrow, when I'm of a sound mind, then I was like, 'what would Gandhi do.' So, I snipped the plastic fastener to the cables, attached to the seemingly recyclable box, and I connected the thing-a-ma-gigs to the speakers. At first I didn't have it set right, then I plugged the other speaker into the outlet...

Then boom, then silence above, then boom, then silence above. Then boom, then respect.

Anytime they got outta line, at least tonight, I would hit them with that boom. It's seriously amazing how they shut the fuck up with a quickness. It's like a JBL Bluetooth mono speaker meets a DJ system. Funny thing is, one of my speakers is somewhat blown, yet it still shits on their 'setup.'

I've tried, repeatedly, to be nice to these fools, but unfortunately this the only thing they've responded to. And damn if it's not fuckin' rewarding.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1