DJ studio

TBearOne8III

I don't see why so much work in coding and developing for what can be done by 2 hands and 2 ears.

Not trying to say that there can't be other ways of dj-ing but in general a DAW for dj's to me sounds likes working the other way around, i would record a mix in either Live/Cubase or Logic and multitrack it.(For now lets forget the traditional way of a onetake mix)

Technically its nice you can export a recorded mix form the DJ DAW to your favorite DAW with all data but again you end up in what a DAW is made for....recording and editing.

Youtube integration or spotify or whatever streamservice with a gazillion tracks makes one totally lazy on selecting tracks...playing whatever is available what the algoritm suggest you is something i'm dont like

Exporting to YT/Mixcloud to me is like streaming live, so i dont see the pro's of it

I'm in 2 minds, but mostly I feel negatively about it.

I've made a few multitracked mixes that are pretty complex and this would definitely help make that process easier, cos I would do the basics of the mix with it, then add multiple layers over the top, rather than using 1 turntable and a mixer and doing the entire thing manually.

But I think the vast majority of users will just use this to make perfect-sounding, but basic and boring mixes that they could never do live, just like with auto-sync, which is fine if you're just making a mix to listen to in your car or whatever, but that's not what will happen.

I have always loved mixtapes, but over the years it's become harder and harder to find good ones that display a decent level of creativity and technical skill. It's not because those mixes were ever super-popular and would lead to anything; it's that there were people who had the desire to create them, even if virtually nobody listened to them, but if nobody can hear mixes like that and get inspired by them, nobody will continue making them.

• Like 1

There’s a way to do it that anytime I point it nobody cares (since coming from me, the tools involved, just how usual dj mind… or a “mix” of them lol)

You can load Scratch track plugin on your DAW and not only “play” your mixes but also “redraw” your scratches. Similar to Serato The Bridge/Mixtape but fixing which was wrong in it (playhead control).

People (ttablist) are getting nuts with realtime ttm tools (just a decade after skrat.ch and 2 decades since I envisioned those tools when I saw Scratch the Movie btw…) but the same people still doesn’t get the can perform their mixtapes like any other vst out there and redraw automation for fails or just draw by mouse like wave traveler in fruity loops :V

The technology is out there since some ago but meanwhile djs don’t care… don’t expect brands doing it!

🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

Most actual battlemixers have midi crossfaders but back in the day only A&H uberexpensive mixers had them. Hercules dj console was one of the first pseudomixers with that feature (and audio interface) and lately BCD2000 but none of these truly suitable for scratching madness.

That was the first reason for me to start tinkering in electronics. Second was midify turntables (using some code from Andy Rasteri) envisioning open source Rane twelves (even Stanton scs.1d was available before)

https://cdm.link/2011/08/scratch-this-a-diy-project-repurposes-dj-controllers-as-scratch-inputs/

I uploaded the og video to one of my secondary channels alongside another not released at CDM article about ttm1 turntable attachment

Renamed them to make it more clickbaity so maybe someone finds it. It seem attract more trolls than truly scientists :B

offtopic end.

DjStudio concept as many other related to djing came from the foundation of “mixing music” with the “perfect output no matters how to” meanwhile turntable afficionados will prefer manual control over automatic corrections so tools like sync or automation curves for scratching (and also for the xfader like samurais) get hate over adoption… but time goes and people start to understand that tools properly used could be helpful. The risk of missuse is there of course, just look how gone for autotune…

😛