Humane's AI Pin - ridiculous or genius?

Steve

• 5 months later...

I don't see that lasting long since surely phones will have this soon. Seems neat in a mostly pointless way.

I understand the vision, which is going beyond the smartphone and replacing it, but I can't see the tech getting there any time soon.

MKBHD's review led to a wider conversation about the ethics of reviews, given that people with his level of influence could potentially kill a startup, but to me, as long as there's no conflicts of interest and the reviewer is behind honest, I have no problem with a small company getting their product stomped on if it sucks ass. That's what reviewers should do - not make excuses based on what a future version of the product might be like (and probably never will).

Did you see Apple apparently filed a patent modifying AirPods with electrodes that can read you mind. There have been some advancement in this type of tech and it's definitely not ready for prime time but they are getting out in front of it nonetheless.  

• Like 1