Me and 2 mates performing "Paid In Full" badly, from 1987

Steve

I was going through some old files and I found this. It's terrible, but I thought I'd share it for a laugh.

All 3 of us are called Steve, so it's Steve on the human beatbox, Steve rhyming, and Steve cutting. 😂

I was scratching on one of these hi-fi systems with one speaker unplugged, so the balance slider worked as a fader, along with a paper slipmat, which goes some way to explaining why the cuts are wank, haha: -

7gLxtxJ.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, cutdisco said:

haha great you still have the file, so recognisable trying to scratch with whatever is available👊

At the time all we had to record with was a boombox that had an external mic, so over the years I ended up with several tapes filled with me and my mates just messing around and, on rare occasions, trying to actually make a proper track (which this is definitely not an example of, lol). Fun times for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing. Even more so with the american accent.

The scratching's pretty good on that set up Steve.  It brought back memories of scratching Doowatchyalike on my sisters Hi FI - I turned the other side of the record (Deep Heat '89 compilation) from black to grey because I didn't know what a slip mat was. Happy days!

• Like 1

On 9/1/2023 at 3:30 PM, Steve said:

I was scratching on one of these hi-fi systems with one speaker unplugged, so the balance slider worked as a fader, along with a paper slipmat, which goes some way to explaining why the cuts are wank, haha: -

7gLxtxJ.jpg

LOL!!! thats EXACTLY how i started scratching too - did that for about 3 years before i got to have a go on an actual turntable - not a bad effort tbf - i know how difficult it is to do ;)

• Like 1