Question for the old school DVers

Wax On

18 hours ago, Wax On said:

Did someone on here do a chopup type beat with Foster Sylvers Misdemeanor back in the day?

Feel like it was someone on here but I might be wrong

ta!

i have no idea what youre talking about.....and im likely one of the longest standing members on here (not that this says much, as ive usually been drunk or stoned or both since time began)

• Haha 2

yes. someone here did.  i had to go listen to the original. but i do remember that flip. i feel like it was part of a beat battle.  i think i might have it on one of my old hard drives at home somewhere.  how far back does the archives go??? I believe it was a DV beat battle.

• Like 1

i found the thread.  but that file is long gone. dont even know who submitted it. I think we did a blind vote.  It was track 5.  i responded on how i loved the jackson 5 flip and someone replied that it was not J5 but Foster Sylvers.  @Wax On you're not crazy........ well at least you didnt lose your mind.

• Like 2

I dunno if that's the track or not. It was haych3 that said it was made using the Foster Sylvers tune, however, Chris, who was the one that made it, said it was made using a cover version of "Everybody Plays The Fool" by The Spinners.

I'm guessing it's probably it and the 2 songs just sound alike, although I can't find the version of the song by The Spinners; only the OG version by The Main Ingredient.

Unfortunately those particular battle files are no longer on the server. I'm not sure if I have them on a DVD somewhere. TBear did re-upload them at one point, but the link is long dead.