Dazzie Dee - projects / scratch "work"

so ive done a load of projects recently with West Coast OG - Big Saccs aka Dazzie Dee, on his new album - West coast Boom Slap.

Ive worked with Dazz for over 20 years now.....done the cuts on a good handful of tracks on this album, including Da Lench mob 30 year reunion track on the same album

Thought id share here for those interested - heres "Mic Drop"

.......Just finished another project with him today, which is gonna be bananas!!!

• Like 2

On 7/15/2023 at 7:24 AM, Steve said:

Dope! How did you end up working with this guy?

Yeh, pretty cool to be doing stuff again!!

He originally reached out to me in 2001 or 2002 after he heard something I did online - there's a funny story around this (and i wont type it out or discuss it here haha) but I thought it was someone taking the piss at the time, so i kinda responded in a way i thought fit the joke....turns out, it was legit lol ;)

We've periodically done bits and pieces since - this is the first lot of projects for a long time mind you. its been good timing as I've just had 3 months off working, so have managed to do 4 or 5 things with him over this period...its cool cos he understands what he wants in the scratches and has a fair amount of input into it, which can work out really well. he also appreciates the old skool flavour and always wants to keep the cuts simple - which suits me tbh as i prefer that sound myself, on hip hop tracks like these, at least. 

Also done some cuts for the introduction music / "theme" for this podcast too - hosted by J-Dee (Da Lench Mob) and co-hosted by Dazzie Dee and SoChuckified.

Its actually going live in 3 days from now on the 19/07 - its going on Channel Zero, which is Chuck D's / PE's official youtube channel :) ill post it up when its gone online ;) 

image.thumb.jpeg.1d4d5a63b5d335d11845c004ce2e2c33.jpeg

• Like 2