DJ in VR

So i was on the Discord channel for Twitch streamers asking some questions... long story short this one guy was talking about how he DJs in VR and lists off some gear. I had several follow up questions but he uses TribeXR with Quest 2 VR to DJ then the video feed is like a VR version of him. So he's using for example CDJ3000s and a DJM900 but instead of shelling out $10k or whatever for the setup he paid $40 to have it virtually replicated. Pretty wild. I've never heard of anything like this before... have any of yall?

Here's an example of what it looks like while he's playing.

• Like 2

Same here. I wonder if viewers of the stream have a VR headset does it put them in the VR world too? That would be pretty neat especially if you can see and interact with other people. Basically I guess that's the metaverse idea, right?

I assumed they're a VTuber who is using VR from their own perspective as a replacement for the real DJ gear, but I don't know for sure.

I guess I can see some of the appeal of VR clubbing, cos you can hop in and out of different "clubs" at the click of a button, so you could find the one playing just the kind of music you want - which I definitely have zero chance of doing in real clubs near me - and you still have a level of interaction with real people, with zero risks. Obviously, you can't beat going to a real club, festival, gig etc. but I can see how it could be a nice supplement to real world stuff, rather than replacing it.

• Like 1