Cleavell's Fonk Safari

So a few months ago, my oldest son gave me a challenge. He wanted a funk mix that had to contain Lakeside's Fantastic Voyage.  So I gathered up whatever funk i had between records, 45s and cd's.  I put my feelers out to get some more funk goodies from other people. And this is the end result.  I did not do this one live. had to re-do most of the transitions and edit them.  you never realize how much time signatures vary on live instrumentations until you try to use them in a mix.  bpm's were all over the place.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Steve said:

I'm loving this man! I loaded up Forza Horizon 5, then cruised around Mexico listening to it. So many great tunes!

thanks alot man.  I put this together for my son. he is 16 and starting to explore other genres of music.  I had to reach out and get people to send me stuff to make this mix.  I had alot but not a whole lot. This mix was another learning lesson. there are different styles of funk.  somebody sent me like 50 funk songs but they are mostly like drum and guitar driven. like breaks. think Eddie Bo hook n sling. or the meters.  But what i used for this mix is more bass guitar driven. There may be another volume to this mix later on. theres so much that i didnt use

• Like 2