Desktop vs Laptop-USB-C-Monitor

Deft

I'm computer-y enough to know the main pros and cons of laptops vs desktops. But I'm currently mulling over an upgraded 2x 27" 4k monitor setup, and you can get ones with USB C hubs built in. It has made me wonder whether a nice clean setup using a laptop and single cable could be a slick switch. My desktop is 8 years old, no gaming or significant processor usage. General internet, bit of programming, occasionally Serato or audio editing. Currently only using 150GB on my SSD Windows drive, 600GB on my 4TB spinning rust slow drive. So my storage needs haven't changed much over the last 5 years either.

Money no object obvs.

Do you care about portability? If you don't, and you're going to be using external screens anyway - and likely a separate keyboard and mouse too - then you'd get more bang for your buck from a desktop machine.

Maybe a small form factor PC like an Intel NUC would be a solid choice, given that you don't need room in the case for a hulking great GPU. That's assuming you want to run Windows.

Yeah I've never been a laptop kind of person, and no need to move around inside or outside the house with one. So it does seem a bit pointless. Plus the monitors with USB C hubs built in are £300 extra. Fuck that. Any recommendations for companies that can build a quiet small form factor PC?