Stanton STX Portable Turntable

djdiggla

Looks pretty dope but can't say it's really something I need. If someone gets one post a review!

https://openformat.com/collections/all/products/stanton-stx-portable-turntable?goal=0_0ad2f9cd74-81af1f60dd-380649781&mc_cid=81af1f60dd&mc_eid=7babb39bb1

stantonstx7_2000x.png?v=1676948069

PRE-ORDER NOW AVAILABLE!

SHIPMENT DATE: "To be determined" 2023

The Stanton STX portable turntable.

Designed strictly for 7" records. (Does not play 12" records)

The Stanton STX is a mobile, compact and portable turntable equipped with a factory-installed Innofader Nano mini crossfader. Designed to last over 4 million cycles, this extremely smooth fader can be easily switched between left and right positions to accommodate both left- and right-handed scratch styles. 

The independent crossfader cut-in and curve knobs provide an unmatched level of crossfader customization, allowing DJs to precisely calibrate the crossfader to their own style.

Performing with beats and loops is so easy. Just connect a smartphone wirelessly via Bluetooth or via the jack stereo input and you're ready to track to your tunes. The USB port with one-touch recording makes it quick and easy to record high-quality audio, while the stereo RCA outputs allow you to connect external mixers and speakers for live performances. 

The most popular and useful features Inspired by the modding scene are already included in the STX, including a start/stop button, built-in speaker, and pitch slider with ultra pitch selector. 

Included with the STX are high-quality, rechargeable lithium-ion batteries that provide enough power for hours of portable use. The batteries can be easily recharged by connecting the unit to a computer or power adapter via the USB-C input. 

To top it all off, the lockable lid also acts as a stackable, lockable base that brings the STX to standard turntable height.

Features:

• Compact, mobile scratch turntable for sessions on the go 
  • Installed Mini Innofader Nano crossfader 
  • Independent crossfader cut-in and curve controls 
  • Powered by rechargeable batteries (included) •Built-in speaker 
  • Bluetooth input for smartphone looper apps 
  • Direct recording to USB •Start/stop button 
  • Pitch slider with ultra pitch option 
  • Stackable lid with lock 
  • Switching between 33 1/3, 45 and 78 RPMs 
  • USB-C input for charging

Technical specifications:

• Speeds: 33 1/3, 45 and 78 RPM 
  • Power supply: 3.7 V Li-ion batteries (18650) or AC adapter (Not included) 
  • Weight: 2.4 kg •Dimensions (W x D x H): 330 x 330 x 101 mm 
  • Dimensions without cover (W x D x H): 330 x 330 x 82 mm

Includes:

• Stanton STX Turntable 
  • USB-C cable 
  • 2 rechargeable Li-Ion batteries 
  • 45 RPM adapter 
  • Sticker 
  • Quick Start Guide 
  • Warranty and safety instructions

• Like 1

I'm genuinely surprised that "portablism" took off at all.

Surely any DJ that is really into scratching, or learning it, has at least 1 full-sized turntable and mixer?

I guess I just see no real benefit to the portable aspect of this. I've seen the occasional video where someone is scratching on a beach or whatever, but how often do people really do that?

For what it is, this does look good, but I'm baffled that there's a market for it. Also, how well do these work if they're not flat/level/stable? The tonearms always look wank, so do you have to use skipless records and hope for the best?

• Like 2

I'm kinda surprised too. Got a janky fader someone built that plugs into mine. Kinda fun but not life changing or anything. The thing I've found when I have taken it places is that it's a pain because I can't leave my 45 box in the car or the records will warp.

Maybe if I was better at scratching this would be more appealing but it's kinda a novelty to me. I do have the numark portable with built in fader. Can't for the life of me remember how I ended up with that... probably a drunk purchase. Aside from the wires I actually like it less than the stand alone fader. It's fader is really short and barely moves. Almost feels like they should have just put a transformer button in. 

What has I wonder is about the needle. These are just little shitty portable needles so isn't it gonna eat the shit out of your records? Also wayyyy over the mini scratch records in general. I'll find a scratch record that looks neat then realize it's a 7" or 10" which isn't appealing. 

• Like 1

There's a somewhat big portablist movement in Denver, CO. They hook up every Sunday in the park during the summers, all gathered around the picnic table like a bunch of virgins. They sometimes even take over one of those bike bars, where they ride, drink and skratch around town.

20110627_01dcfbeew.jpg?w=535

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

From all my scratching buddies or those who used to scratch, none of them got into Portablism but one. But that one guy was following every trend of Scratching/Turntablism (in a good and bad way). So he's also one of the few people I've met that had a QFO. And when CUNTrollers became a thing, he was also on it. So no wonder in my buds case, that he would go out and buy one of the portable turntables... If I want to have cut at the lake, I'll pack up my compressor, the JVC-Soundtube-Blaster, a PDX with an Vestax 06 and Mini-Disc-Player.

• Like 1

I had a vestax for digging but then bought a numark Pt01 with the shitty fader/switch thing. Replaced with a Jesse Dean fader, and used it fuck all. Never liked cutting on them at all, and tbh I don't even know where it is. Probably in my Dad's shed or somewhere. Hopefully he's torn it apart for a DIY project. I'll go home some day and there's a crossfader as a dimmer switch in the toilet.

• Haha 6

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Mutis Mayfield said:

initially i thought that was a shame... I was assuming reloop or someone would come out with a powered platter device to rival the Rane One and Rev7 but at a better price point.

But apparently the belt is enough for the small platters, mojaxx seems impressed, and it means it's lightweight. 5kgs as opposed to 10.5 kgs.  This is a game changer for me as a someone who DJs 1-3 times a week. Not every venue has turntables, and the ONE and Rev are a little bulky to be dragging around all the time. And at that price I wouldn't be too nervous in bars and clubs.

• Like 1