Ubisoft+ coming to Xbox soon

Steve

No official announcement has been made yet, but 63 games have been marked with a "Ubisoft+" tag in the Xbox store, so it's probably happening soon.

Unlike EA Play, where games don't get added to that service until 6+ months after release and DLC is not included, with Ubisoft+, games are added to the service at launch and you get all the DLC included too, so if there's an "Ultimate Edition" of a game, that's the version that you'll have access to.

The downside is the cost. On PC it costs £12.99/$14.99 per month, so it'll likely be similar on Xbox. If you really like Ubisoft's games, it's probably gonna be a decent deal for you, as it works out at less than the price of 3 games per year, plus you get all the DLC included, but I think a lot of people will just stick with Game Pass Ultimate.

• 2 months later...

It launched on Xbox today. It's £14.99/$17.99 per month, which gives you: -

• Access to 60+ Xbox games (all premium versions, with all DLC included)
  • Access to 100+ PC games (again, all premium versions)
  • Access to Amazon's Luna cloud gaming service
  • 10% discount on in-game currency packs
  • Unique monthly rewards (it doesn't say what these are)

Also, you get to play new Ubisoft releases on day one.

I won't be subscribing, but I think it could be worth hopping in/out once in a while. If a brand new single player game comes out that you wanna play, for example, you could subscribe for a month and play through it instead of buying it. With Ultimate Editions costing up to £100 these days, that could save you some cash. It would also be worth hopping in if you really liked a certain game series and wanted to play through all of the games, e.g. Assassin's Creed or Far Cry.

As an ongoing thing though, I just couldn't justify the expense.