Bear vs the rotary mixer

so for the past few months i been obsessed with rotary mixers. they look like fun and i wanted to get one.  Rotary mixer are expensive as fuck. but i found a line of budget rotaries at a gear 4 music.  i copped this subzero 4 channel rotary for $350. its factory made and not a boutique mixer.  all alps pots. sounds pretty good to me. anyway, months ago i got a stack of house records in that i hadnt really gone thru yet.  so this is an unplanned first spin mix with both these records and the rotary.  

• Like 5

Awesome man! I've always been real curious about rotary mixers too. Liking it?

EDIT: Also been wondering what kinda cameras and software you use for doing video? 

16 hours ago, djdiggla said:

Awesome man! I've always been real curious about rotary mixers too. Liking it?

EDIT: Also been wondering what kinda cameras and software you use for doing video? 

The rotary is fun. makes you focus more on blending.  this is on budget friendly. shipped from the UK. https://www.gear4music.com/us/en/PA-DJ-and-Lighting/SubZero-4-Channel-Rotary-DJ-Mixer/3BNF#:~:text=Weight and Size%3A,Weight%3A 4.5kg

only thing is, it didnt have the cord for american outlets. but its a regular IEC computer cable. cost about $7 on amazon. I got an old NI audio 8 DVS box so im running traktor dvs on channels 1 & 4. and running regular vinyl on 2&3.  i didnt have traktor hooked up in this video.  

I got 2 regular usb web cams. again, cheap finds on amazon. about $25 each. the ceiling mount is an old suction cup cell phone holder from the car.  the suction cup tore off. so i screwed it up to the floor joist.  the side cam is on a flex arm.  its clamped to the joist and the other side has a cell phone clamp.  another cheap find on amazon.  Im running it thru OBS. all of this is on a separate computer.  I use a cheap beringher rca to usb soundcard for the sound to obs.  I have it running off the booth output of my mixers so i can control the volume of that seperately. 

• Like 2