Best way to get back into scratching, looking at DVS stuff in the future aswell.

I have A numark scratch 101 with a jessie fader   (don't like the cut on it?    have been looking at a vestax pro iv at around £300 for a mixer with dvs capabilities. Anyone else got and other ideas it get me back into scratching and then get dvs stuff when I have more cashola.

I'm still happy with my Traktor Z2, which you can find used on eBay for about $400. Really prefer scratching with Traktor over Serato, specifically for the overall sound. All in all, it's a good mixer for scratching and DVS capabilities at a reasonable price.

• Like 1

Yo numnuts I have some limited edition gold Pioneer PLX-1000N turntables and a matching limited edition gold DJM-S9 mixer. Never used. Cost me £2656. Yours for £2650. Lemme know.

The only issue with that Vestax is that it has no inbuilt soundcard, so you'd still need a compatible audio interface.

I know nothing about these gadgets nowadays, or Traktor. If you could snag a Z2 on the cheap it'd be OK.

I think if you wanted a new Serato compatible all-in-one mixer thing the cheapest you can get is a Numark Scratch (https://www.juno.co.uk/products/numark-scratch-2-channel-dj-mixer-black/735865-01/)

• Like 1

shoot for the used traktor z2.  the only issue i had with the z2 was there was no built in effects.  you had to use software effects.  but its still a dope mixer.  the inno mini fader is nice. i swapped mines for an inno pro 2 which has a heavier feel.  i recently got a rane 72.  it does some nice stuff, but it is overkill.  and i like traktor better than serato.  you can get whatever you want if you got the money to spend.  but i cannot recommend the high price serato mixers if all you wanna do is get back into cutting and dabble in dvs.  I say shoot for the z2 if you want stuff like cue buttons and loop buttons.  if your cool with hitting a cue point on your keyboard then stick with your old school mixers and get an interface box for whichever dvs you wanna mess with.  most of them are compatible with any interface now.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As of last Friday night, I got back on the cut. Was having some static issues before, but they seem to be resolved...until I had another sesh the following night. Still had a good time though. Really miss skratching on the regular.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2023 at 2:08 AM, djnumnuts said:

So I still went old school and bought a hak 360, should be on its way this week. £250 with postage, from the pics it looks mint, but we shall see.

absolutely one of the best scratch mixers ever made....my favourite mixer OF ALL TIME. id love another one

• Like 1