Happy birthday threads.....

Steve

I know this site doesn't have many active users now, but I like to say happy birthday to the people that do visit at least somewhat regularly.

For some reason, Invision decided to remove the birthday widget that used to be placed at the top of the forum index in a recent update. Supposedly, birthdays will now show in the member section at the very bottom of the page, but I'm not convinced it's working, as I haven't seen a single birthday displayed there.

So, yeah, if you don't get a "happy birthday!" thread, it's not cos nobody cares that it's your birthday! It's cos we just don't know.

• Like 3

I found out why birthdays don't show.....

It's because if you enable that option, it will only show people who are online on the forum right now and only if it's their birthday, which is dumb as fuck. I thought it would show "Online now: list" and "Today's birthdays: list", but nope. I've therefore changed it back to just showing members who are online, whether it's their birthday or not.

I'll try and figure something out.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I forgot to mention it, but I've had to temporarily remove this widget. I will hopefully be able to re-enable it at some point in the future, but right now we're back to not having birthdays displayed on the forum.

If you're a regular and it's your birthday, start your own "it's my birthday!" thread if you want to.