Make Your Body Sing (Sample Based House Music)

Hey what's up Digital Vertigo Forums?

I announced this project a while back, but had a few setbacks waiting on it to be mixed.  Happy to announce that my House project Make Your Body Sing will be ready on July 21st on Bandcamp and streaming websites.  I would usually include one house beat on each tape of mine but I realized it would make more sense to just compile all those tracks into one project.  I would describe it as House music produced with the quality and care of sample based Hip Hop. 

Especially excited for this particular forum to hear it because you guys always understand what I'm trying to communicate!

Edited by OKJoy
  • Like 3

Similar to Steve. Really like what you have but feels incomplete to me. But that could also be nice in a set to work as more of a transitional tune. I think if you wanted to you could build it out more.

• Like 1

Cheers my dudes, thanks for the honest feedback.

I would've liked to build this particular song up more but like I said, these are made from a hip hop perspective.  Like just a main loop and a few layers on top.  A few of the other songs have some more changes in there though, so I think you guys will enjoy hearing them.

When I was sequencing this project, I had a really tough time trying to balance a dance audience vs a listening audience.  The side of me that wanted to cater to DJ's said make every track longer for the dance floor.  When I thought about listeners, especially listeners not used to loop based music, I always wanted to get right to the point and fade the song out.

So I think in some ways, some of these tracks make more sense in a party setting.  Just wanted to mention that most of these tracks are from a while back, my newer house tracks have a lot more going on.  I want to start making different song structures, especially in this genre, would be great to be able to make more changes to keep things interesting.

Edited by OKJoy
  • Like 2

Sure from a hiphop perspective a loop with a beat on top of it will do however hiphop and house are mostly about the sound of the beat, so i would change that kick to something more pleasurable to the ear, something a club would also play. consider that when officially releasing this project.

Well recently made a track with an RD6 drummachine, i'm selling it currently hehe

https://djjeff.bandcamp.com/track/booty-bass-express-megamixxx

On 7/17/2022 at 6:07 AM, waxdestroyer said:

Sure from a hiphop perspective a loop with a beat on top of it will do however hiphop and house are mostly about the sound of the beat, so i would change that kick to something more pleasurable to the ear, something a club would also play. consider that when officially releasing this project.

Well recently made a track with an RD6 drummachine, i'm selling it currently hehe

https://djjeff.bandcamp.com/track/booty-bass-express-megamixxx

Hmmm I like having a gritty hip hop kick in house, I think it fits the style I'm going for.  Thanks for the feedback though.

Here's another one, hope you guys like this track, it has more progression than the previous one I posted

Edited by OKJoy