A-Z what bands or solo artists have you seen live, How many letters can you complete?

danswift

Heres mine...I've seen multiple bands/artists for most of these letters but for the purpose of this thread single entries are fine.

Anthrax
Beastie Boys
The Cure
Dead Kennedys
Echo & The Bunnymen
Faith No More
Gong
Husker Du
Ice T
Japan
Killing Joke (x7) -The band I've seen the most over the years,last show i attended was a few weeks ago on the 29th of March. 

Living Colour
Metallica
New Order
Ozric Tentacles (x4)
Pink Floyd
Q -
Run-D.M.C.
Siouxsie And The Banshees (x2)
Richard Thompson
Ultramarine (x2)
Vice Squad
The Waterboys (x2)
X - ( I did meet Polly Styrene from X-Ray Spex once years ago but that doesn't count)
Yes
Zodiac Mindwarp & The Love Reaction 

(24 of 26)

• Like 3

Remembering is hard. This is my list, for now:

Afrika Bambaataa
James Brown
DJ Craze
D-Styles
El Da Sensei
Bobby McFerrin
Guru
Herbie Hancock
Ill Bill
Jaga Jazzist
K
Joe Lovano
Melo-D
Noisy Stylus
Oregon
Pharoahe Monch
Q-Bert
Joshua Redman
Snarky Puppy
The Heavy (file under H?)
Ugly Duckling
DJ Vadim
Wordsworth
X
Y
Z

• Like 2

Yeah remembering is hard ...I've been to so many shows over the last 3 decades and seen loads of different genres of music. 

I thought I'd actually be able to complete the full list because of that tbh but evidently not ! 

Just now, mfsop said:

Have you seen Public Enemy? Terminator X's last name is "X", right?

And I'm sure that you're hiding your attendance to several Suzi Quatro concerts from us.

No,I've never seen Public Enemy live unfortunately...plus Terminator X wouldn't really count anyway as he'd still be part of the band and not a solo performance. 

Suzi Q ? 

Hehehe...I had a huge crush on her when I was a kid as I've mentioned on here before but never saw her in concert. 

That crush didn't last..I left her and moved on lol but  'Can The Can' still kicks some serious ass though!...

Adrian sherwood

Big daddy kane

Chemical brothers

Dog eat dog

El da sensei

Funkadelic

Gunshot

Headfirst

Kraftwerk

Lee scratch perry

Masta ace

Napalm death

Orbital

Public enemy

Q

Red snapper

Squarepusher

Tricky

Urban dance squad

Venom

Wutang

Xzibit

Yellowman

Zombie squad(dutch rap group)

i & Q is missing:)

• Like 3

Man, making my brain hurt trying to remember. Gonna use first names for people not last. Here's the ones I can remember. 

Aerosmith, Aphrodite, AK1200, Allman Brothers, Atmosphere, Ashe (most recent concert last Saturday with my daughter)

Beck, Billy Idol, Bo Diddley, Bootsy Collins, Ben Harper, Bob Dylan, Beastie Boys, Beat Junkies, Blackalicious

Courtney Love, Craze, Cyprus Hill, Cut Chemist

David Bowie, De La Soul, Dam Funk

Elton John, Eagles, Eric Clapton

Flaming Lips, The Funky Meters

George Clinton

Hank Williams III

Iggy Pop

James Brown, Jack White, Jimmy Buffett, Jurassic 5

KISS, Kid Koala, DJ Krush, Kool Herc, Kool Keith

Latyrx, Lyrics Born

Merle Haggard, My Life with the thrill Kill Kult, Modest Mouse, Mr. Dibbs

Nine Inch Nails, Neil Diamond, DJ Nu-Mark

the Orb

Phish, Parliament Funkadelic, The Prodigy, Pixies, Public Enemy. Psychedelic Furs, Prefuse 73, Pat Benatar, Prince Paul

Q-Bert

Roger Waters, REM, Rob Swift, The Roots, Reverend Horton Heat, RJD2

Sonic Youth, Smashing Pumpkins, Skrillex, DJ Shadow, Steve Miller, Snoop Dogg

Tricky, Too $hort, Tom Petty

U

Violent Femmes

Wu-Tang, White Zombie

X-Men/X-Ecutioners

Y

Z-Trip

• Like 4

That's a pretty impressive list @djdiggla 

Love the fact you got to see Bo Diddley live, that's really neat .

Please tell me these 3 below were all on the same bill though hehe...:-)

Nine Inch Nails, Neil Diamond, DJ Nu-Mark

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, danswift said:

That's a pretty impressive list @djdiggla 

Love the fact you got to see Bo Diddley live, that's really neat .

Please tell me these 3 below were all on the same bill though hehe...:-)

Nine Inch Nails, Neil Diamond, DJ Nu-Mark

Bo Diddley was amazing. Great venue too. One of my favorite shows for sure. IDK how old he was but he was spry chicken. Felt like I got the full experience. James Brown was surprisingly good form too when I saw him. It was pretty surreal because the show was at the rodeo. Wifey bought tix for my birthday. We are sitting there watching calf roping then they clear the ring and a tractor comes out hauling a stage. Stage unfolds itself. Then Cadillac convertibles start driving out with the band members playing in the back. Was pretty awesome. On the flip was Bob Dylan... that was early 90s ...he looked and sounded half dead.

LOL no, not on the same ticket but one of the times I saw NIN they were OPENING for David Bowie. This was peak NIN era in the mid 90s. Lineup shoulda been reversed. Trent was trying to help Bowie reinvent himself and he did this horrible industrial set. Maybe played one hit song. Trent did some songs with him. It was pretty horrible. I stayed but a lot of people left. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cutdisco said:

Kraftwerk

Lee scratch perry

How were those two? Big fan of Scratch Perry but never seen him live. It was always so expensive when he'd come through. Regret being cheap on that one. 

Kraftwerk i saw on tribal gathering in 97, just amazing and when i remember correctly with huge visuals

Lee perry a few times, sometimes disappointing, sometimes really good....like funkadelic, sometimes it was fire and the other times were just regular performances

Also the X i can add, X-cutioners, saw them on Lowlands in 98 or 97, along Portishead where dj andy smith was warming up on the turntables prior to the show

and Q would be for Quasar, a dutch house act but that was iin 93 or so

• Like 2

17 hours ago, cutdisco said:

Kraftwerk i saw on tribal gathering in 97, just amazing and when i remember correctly with huge visuals

Lee perry a few times, sometimes disappointing, sometimes really good....like funkadelic, sometimes it was fire and the other times were just regular performances

Also the X i can add, X-cutioners, saw them on Lowlands in 98 or 97, along Portishead where dj andy smith was warming up on the turntables prior to the show

and Q would be for Quasar, a dutch house act but that was iin 93 or so

I've always wanted to see Portishead. Played that Live at Roseland so many times.

Portishead was mesmerizing, 30 degrees celsius and a huge crowd. I remember Beth turning up to the stage and everyone went wild....that energy!!! She singing, totally volnurable but hypnotizing everyone in the end. I think one of the most memorable things i saw, they would play most songs from Dummy

• Like 2

A Asian Dub Foundation, Aphex Twin, The Aristocrats, Anthrax, Aerosmith, Atmosphere
B Billy Cobham, Brad Medlau, Bad Bad Not Good, Black Sabbath x2, Beastie Boys x2, Blacklicious, Breakestra
C Carcass, Chic x2
D D-Styles, Devon Townsend, De La Soul
E Eminem
F  Frank Black
G Gza,
H Helmet, Hall & Oates, The Headhunters, Hudson Mohawke
J Jehst, Judas Priest, James Brown,  Joe Satriani, Jurassic 5
K King Crimson x2, Kamasi Washington, Kid Koala
L Lionel Richie
M Megadeth x4, Metallica, MF Doom, Madlib, Mulatu Astatke, Bobby McFerrin
N DJ Nu-Mark
O Ozzy Osbourne (had tickets to see him pre-covid, date changed to 2023,lets see if he makes it.)
    i might have seen Ozomatli.
P  Page & Plant, The Prodigy, Pharoahe Monch, Public Enemy x2, Parliament/Funkadelic
Q Qbert x3 or more
R Run the Jewels, Roots Manuva
S Steel Panther, Slayer x2, Supergrass, Spiritualized, Soundgarden, Steve Vai x3
T, Therapy?
U U2
V DJ Vadim
W White Zombie
X X-Men/X-Ecutioners
Y Yngwie Malmsteen x2
Z Z-Trip

I must actually put some more thought into it and figure out who all I have seen. There's loads more hiphop artists/groups and DJs...

Dirk, your list reminded me of a good few

• Like 4

Asian dub foundation, top!

Also saw Roots manuva on his last day of his tour, totally up in smoke and drunk🤣, his backup Mc from Banana clan(i think) took over the complete show with Dj MK which they did great

His tourmanager actually send him back to the stage, which resulted in performing Witness to fitness without any energy....which was pretty lame haha

• Like 2

17 hours ago, cutdisco said:

Asian dub foundation, top!

Also saw Roots manuva on his last day of his tour, totally up in smoke and drunk🤣, his backup Mc from Banana clan(i think) took over the complete show with Dj MK which they did great

His tourmanager actually send him back to the stage, which resulted in performing Witness to fitness without any energy....which was pretty lame haha

Dude yes ADF was awesome. Would have loved to see them and also Aphex Twin @savwar

Maaaan I was gonna talk shit about Roots Manuva but googled him and think it was someone else on the same tour... wanker tried to holla at my wife. She's mean as shit and dunked on whoever it was lol

• Haha 2

A Tribe called Quest / Advanced Chemistry / Absolute Beginners / Assasin / Articolo 31 / Alpha Blondy / Anthony B

Beastie Boys / Blade / Birdy Nam Nam

Cypress Hill / C2C / Candy Dulfer / Celine Dion

D-Styles / Das Efx / Dynamite Deluxe / D.A.M.N. from Holland / DJ Melo-D / Dilated Peoples / Dee Lite

EPMD / Eric Sermon / Everlast

Fred Wesley / F.A.B. (Freaks Association Bremen) / Freddie Foxxx aka Bumpy Knuckles

Gangstarr (multiple times!) / Gravediggaz / Gunshot / Gunkhole

Heltah Skeltah / House of Pain

Ice Cube / Ice-T / IAM / Ini Kamoze

Jurassic5 / Jeru da Damaja (he was promoting his 1st album along Gangstarr and Freddie Fox) / John Lee Hooker Jr / James Brown

KRS-One / Kool Savas (not too much my cup)

Lords of the Underground / LL Cool J / Les sages poetes de la rue

M.O.P. live in Neuchâtel / Mc Mello and DJ Pogo / Maceo Parker

NAS / NTM / Napalm Death

ODB

PMD and Das Efx / Pink Floyd

Q-Bert (could even interview him before his gig and smoke a joint)

Rakim Allah / Roots Manuva

Sens Unik / Silverbullet / Spax & DJ Mirko Machine (best live-act in terms of old-school hip-hop and how a Mc should work with his DJ)

Tha Liks

Ultramagnetic MCs (Them along with Blade where my first hip-hop concert in the legendary "Coupole" in Bienne)

Visionaires

Wu-Tang Clan (this time in the ice-skating stadium of Bienne...one of the younger fans came with a scythe tool)

X-Ecutioners

Can't recall a band/musician etc. starting with Y

Zion 1

• Like 3

All Natural, Angie Stone

Billy Ocean, Biz Markie

Common

De La Soul, D'angelo

Erykah Badu

Family Tree

MC Hammer (does that fall under H or M? dont judge, it was the early 90s)

Naughty By Nature

Jill Scott

Musiq Soul Child, Mos Def

Pharoae Monche, Prince

Reflection Eternal, The Roots

Slum Village

• Like 4