Can't reinstall XP

Steve

its the best installation i have found.

if i just install xp, then i get diffiiculties with networking and msn messenger.

on 2000 it works fine. and 2000 upgraded to xp also works fine. maybe its my "version" of xp.

on one pc connected to a modem, it worked ok. it was only when i added a router into the mix that an xp pc wouldnt do audio on messenger (but a 2000 pc would!)

LOL. Thing is, it's working great at the moment, although I've uninstalled literally everything but Avant and Nero and there are a million registry files and left over folders to get rid of. I really want to reinstall though because using an integrated SP2 disc saves over 400MB of disk space, plus it'll be a lot neater.

Guest Deeswift

If you're seriously wanting to save disc space use nLite. My XP is only 215 MB on disc, fully service packed. If you do try it though, I'd recommend v0.99.7. I had problems with the ones after that.

After having problems with just about every piece of hardware in the damn machine, the problem is solved. Turns out the CPU wasn't seated properly. I took it out and put it back in again and all was good. I had to delete all my partitions and start over, but it's running fine. :d Thanks for all the help.