Xbone Elite Controller

djdiggla

Got one on the cheap from a friend. Wondered if anyone has one and what they use the extra paddles for. There’s 4 but only thing I can think of is programming one for drop shot. Or maybe strafing if possible.  

I create profiles for individual games, although sometimes the same profile works for more than one game.

Basically you want to keep your thumbs on the sticks as often as possible, so you can map things like jump, crouch, reload, switch weapon etc. to the paddles so that you have to press the face buttons or D-pad a lot less, or perhaps not even at all. Try and use common mappings across profiles, e.g. always having the same paddle for jump, the same paddle for reload etc., as that helps muscle memory kick in a lot faster and before you know it, pressing a paddle to jump in a game becomes second nature. Also, when I first got one, sometimes I was activating the paddles by mistake, just cos of the way I was used to holding controllers, but again, it doesn't take long to adjust to that.

Is it a first gen one you have or the Series 2? If you have a first gen one and you use the trigger stops - which I'd advise doing for many games - don't forget to shorten the travel/sensitivity of the triggers when creating profiles. With the Series 2, it changes that automatically so you don't have to worry about it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, djdiggla said:

Not sure but think series 1. By sensitivity you talking about setting to hair trigger?

When the hair triggers are not engaged, 0 is when the trigger isn't being pulled at all and 100 is when it's pulled all the way in.

With the Elite Series 1, if you engage the trigger stops, obviously the triggers will no longer pull in all the way cos they're physically stopped from doing so, but the 0-100 range is still the same, so when you pull a trigger in as far as it will go, it might only get to 65 or 70. That can have negative effects in some games - driving games, obviously, as you wouldn't be able to put your foot to the floor when accelerating - but it can also affect some shooters too. So, what you need to do is go into the Xbox Accessories app and change the trigger sensitivity.

With the Elite Series 2 the 0-100 range adjusts itself automatically when you engage the trigger stops, so when a trigger is pulled in as far as it can go, it always hits 100, even when the travel of the trigger is shorter.

• Thanks 1